Team: At-Home Editing
Manager: Haley Gibson
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
Who We Are
Founded in 2009, Boostability is now one of the fastest-growing internet marketing companies in the world. We use cutting-edge technology to provide high-quality SEO, social media, and website marketing services that achieve explosive growth for our small business partners and clients.
Our team edits brief articles that are written on WritersDomain, our partner company. These articles focus on industry-related topics, which we then post online. Each article is intended to help build our clients’ online credibility and boost their SEO, or search engine optimization. The products we edit make a big difference in our clients’ online marketing campaigns, so we’re looking for highly efficient editors with a natural eye for good content.
Just an Overview
You would be editing our standard articles, which are about 400 words long and are $1 per review. The editing is mostly proofreading, but occasionally it requires some light reorganization or substantive editing. Our at-home team currently averages 4 minutes a review, which comes to about 15 reviews per hour. There is no minimum requirement for the number of edits you need to complete, nor is there a set schedule associated with our work, so you would be welcome to edit any day, any time you want, and do as much or as little as you want.
We do have a quality assessment system in place for reviews, and our editors are required to maintain an average of 4 out of 5, although there will be a grace period when you first begin editing. We don’t officially train our at-home editing team, but we do have several resources we share with applicants who pass the test to help them understand our system/rubric.
What You’ll Be Doing
● Editing blogs and articles per our in-house style.
● Providing writers with professional and grammatically correct feedback.
● Giving high-quality suggestions to guide peers and writers toward higher writing abilities.
● Expanding your own knowledge of web content and the processes behind its publication.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
● The ability to quickly identify and correct errors in punctuation, spelling, syntax, and word usage.
● The ability to work independently and quickly.
● The ability to communicate effectively through both writing and verbal conversation.
● A basic understanding of writing for the web.
● A propensity for flexibility and an affinity for change.
We’re Especially Interested If
● You have a basic understanding of SEO.
● You have work experience editing web content.
● You are comfortable giving and receiving daily feedback.