If you’re looking to submit a guest blog article on SkipTheDrive, you’ve come to the right place.
Successful article contributions to SkipTheDrive are interesting, comprehensive, and data-driven posts that inform our users.
We greatly appreciate guest postings and realize that the opportunity is mutually beneficial. Please understand that we need to keep our reader’s interests first, and we need to make sure that whatever is posted on our site is “top notch.”
Topics we’re interested in
- Remote work
- Digital Nomad Lifestyles
- Workplace flexibility
Exceptions may be made, depending on your suggested topic.
What’s in it for you?
SkipTheDrive is a well-known search platform in the remote/telecommuting job space, and has been included in numerous publications, including Inc.com, Yahoo News and Fox Business. If your completed article meets our requirements and is accepted, you may include a short bio section at the end of the article with one link back to your social media profile, website, or blog.
Accepted blog articles will be also promoted via social media.
Guest blog requirements
- The article must be unique and high-quality. Ask yourself “How will this be useful to the readers?”
- The topic must be relevant to our niche (see our blog)
- Minimum 800 words with excellent grammar and spelling
- The article may not be overly promotional for your company or organization (remember, you will have an opportunity for a short bio with a link back to your site or social media profile)
- Provide proper attribution of quotes, citations, and content referenced outside of the article
- The article may not contain profanity, be offensive, or be overly critical of other organizations
Things to know if your article gets accepted
- We reserve the right to update the article as we see fit. This includes adding links as well as removing outbound links to sites we deem as ‘spammy.’ We may also decide to add the rel=”nofollow” attribute to outbound links that are questionable. This protects our site’s search ranking, as outbound links to spammy sites can be detrimental.
- We do not guarantee that the article will show up in search engines (i.e. Google, Bing)
- There is no guarantee as to how long your article will be live on our site
Guest post submission process
Part one (pitching your idea):
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Guest Post Inquiry“
- Within the email, confirm that you’ve read and understand the requirements as outlined on this page
- Include a couple of links to examples of articles you’ve written in the past
- Include the topic you’d like to write about
- Include why this topic would benefit the readers
We will review your article examples and topic to see if it might be a good fit. Please be patient, as it may take up to one week for us to review your suggestion.
Part two (if we accept your idea):
- If we like the topic and your examples, we’ll give you the ‘green light’ to start the article. The article can be sent within a Word doc (i.e. .docx).
- You can include a short bio at the end of your article (up to 60 words), including one link back to your social media profile, website, or blog.
- Once the Word doc has been sent to email@example.com, we will review it to see if it meets all of our requirements. If the article looks good, we will notify you with the link to the article once it goes live.
Lastly, THANK YOU for your efforts! We realize that guest blogging can take time and often times goes unnoticed by many. We will certainly promote any article that gets posted to our site 🙂
Feel free to email us with any questions you might have.