Curriculum Engineer, Web Development
What We’re Looking For:
The Curriculum Engineer is a technical expert with strong writing skills, who will create student-centered products to support our web development boot camp. You’ll work with instructional designers, editorial partners, and fellow curriculum engineers to ensure that the program content is highly instructive, engaging, and teachable while resulting in expected learning outcomes for students.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- You will write curriculum content that’s delivered in a range of mediums (video scripts, text, code blocks, full-stack applications, image ideas, etc.) and delivery types (online, in-person, hybrid) and ensure that all content is instructive, engaging, and teachable
- You will be responsible for dreaming up and creating instructional activities, projects, and other assessments that demonstrate key concepts in the technical skills areas for which we are building programs
- You will be responsible for improving portions of our curriculum based on data from student learning, market labor analyses, and the instructor community.
- You will be responsible for staying current with technology trends and incorporating these trends into the curriculum
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- You have at least 2 years of industry experience in web development on the MERN stack
- You have at least 1 year of teaching, tutoring, or technical writing experience
- You have a proven track record of continuous learning in a broad range of areas (examples of tutorials or articles you’ve written is a plus)
- At a minimum, you should have a strong familiarity with technical learning content and tools, including as many of the following as possible:
- RESTful APIs
- Algorithms & data structures
- Progressive web applications
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You absolutely love teaching and sharing knowledge with others. It’s ideal if you’ve taught front-end development or programming in the past. It’s a major plus if you have experience with online or asynchronous learning and can put yourself in the shoes of students and instructors.
- You have a creative itch! This program will require a great deal of ingenuity and setup to create a curriculum that can scale.
- You’re a lot of fun! We want learning technology to be exciting and engaging.
- You work well as part of a distributed team. We’ve got a team of brilliant curriculum engineers who build amazing modules. We want someone who will bring expertise and new ideas to the program.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. In this capacity, you’ll be responsible for keeping the live curriculum up-to-date for hundreds of instructors and TAs around the world. This means managing issues, pull requests, and bug fixes. It also means considering community input on technology trends and feedback on the curriculum. We need someone with a bit of thick skin, an infectious enthusiasm for continual improvement, and a collaborative spirit.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our Trilogy line of business.
Trilogy Education, a brand of 2U Inc., partners with the best universities in the world to create and manage skills-based instructional programs (boot camps) to provide training for today’s workers with tomorrow’s skills.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.