Finance Administrator – Kickstart FTC – UK Remote
About the Kickstart Scheme
Designed for 18-24 year olds seeking professional opportunities, this is a six month employment contract for 25 hours per week. Alongside training provided by 383, you will have the opportunity to try new tasks and build new skills, alongside developing existing skills to help you improve your prospects of finding work once the contract is completed.
To qualify for the Kickstart role, applicants must have UK residential status, and be claiming universal credit.
About the team
383’s Finance team focuses on providing accurate financial information, mitigating business risks, enhancing transparency and identifying business opportunities. The Finance team provides financial analysis and reporting that supports strategic decision-making and assists with long-term financial planning for the organisation.
They work with the rest of the business to make 383 highly scalable, with a specific focus on defining and improving our business processes and systems. They are responsible for our organisational design, and zoom in on creating efficiencies and profitability as their core duty. Their world is one of constant improvement, identifying areas of friction that impact the businesses performance, and developing the solutions to remove barriers within our operation.
About the role
We’re looking for a driven Finance Administrator to join our Finance Team. You will be responsible for the maintenance of several financial processes and systems, ensuring that processes are adhered to and the financials are accurate.
You will have lots of autonomy outside your core role to develop skills and scale up operational processes. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of our business and play a key role in our future, driving the implementation and maintenance for improvements and efficiencies.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible in supporting with :
- Management of Sales Ledger, including checking sales invoices, ebilling and importing sales invoices
- Issuing credit control statements to customers for overdue invoices
- Creating new customers and updating customer or contact details on the system
- Weekly financial reporting of forecasted billings due, sales opportunities won/lost, and employee timesheets
- Liaising with Head of Departments to identify and implement process improvements that impact Finance functions within the business
- Maintain the customised workflow of our internal purchase order system, ensuring all new starters and leavers are updated in a timely manner.
- Closing down completed jobs in Synergist, ensuring all financial checks have been performed and all timesheets / expenses have been posted to the system
- General ad-hoc administration tasks required for the Finance Department
- Have worked in an office based environment before for vocational placements
- Background in Administration / Finance with a keen interest in system improvements and automation
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office / Apple OS and Google workspace
- High attention to detail, specifically with financials
- Excellent administrative and organisation skills
- Good communicator with inbound and outbound queries from third parties and staff
- Time-efficient, able to manage fixed priorities and new requests, and flag when expectations require management
- Approachable – No task ever puts you out
- Focused – You focus on doing one thing brilliantly, not several half-heartedly
- Opportunist – You spot a window for personal or business growth and you take it
- Prioritiser – You know what needs to be done right now, and what can wait
We’d love it if you…
- Exposure to Financial and Project Management Systems, such as Xero and Synergist
- Possess good Excel skills, including the use of V-Look Ups and Pivot Tables
- Responsibilities in administration support or data-inputting
There’s loads of great reasons to become a 383er. Alongside our annual 383 weekender, we hold regular company training events, 383 Labs days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday, and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.