Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Remote or Office)
As the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be part of a building a software Quality Assurance Team working in cooperation with fellow quality engineers, software developers and product owners to develop modern, scalable, business solutions to meet the needs of our customers, company, and the market. The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer position includes all activities during the quality life cycle, while meeting the design guidelines, quality standards, and our customers’ expectations. Additionally, the Quality Assurance Engineer should have strong communications skills and foster close relationships with product managers, other developers, and seek to improve the development and operational environment. Be part of a fast-growing, leading-edge wireless networking company. 7SIGNAL is a Wi-Fi Performance company and our innovative Wi-Fi Performance Management platform enables hospitals, enterprises, service providers and universities to dramatically improve the performance and reliability of their wireless networks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This is intended as an outline of the essential functions of the position:
- Provide testing support to Customer Support team as needed for internal and external users.
- Create test plans and manual test cases for releases, including input from all team members.
- Continuously look for ways to improve testing coverage and testing efficiency
- Reproduce and document defects, assesses impact to customer
- Engage with fellow QA team members to achieve product delivery goals
- Responsible for the planning and execution of functional testing services.
- Key individual contributor to Quality Assurance (QA) project team.
- Work with project teams to ensure standard quality practices/processes are followed.
- Create test estimates and assist in developing project milestones and timelines.
- Identify knowledge deficiencies in team and work with management to resolve.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Experience working in a 24×7 SaaS environment on AWS platform technology.
- Proven ability to work effectively with highly reliable and highly available mission critical technologies with detail and results shown while meeting deadlines.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Proficient in problem solving while keeping in mind multiple scenarios.
- Able to clearly engage in communication around functionality and product issues.
- Take pride and ownership in his/her work every day.
- Enthusiastic about learning, innovating, and contributing to team goals.
- Able to work in cooperation with fellow quality engineers, software developers and product owners to develop modern, scalable, business solutions serving our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience in computer science/information technology or business studies.
- Minimum Five to seven years’ experience in software testing is preferred.
- Collaborative, open environment working with a talented and creative team.
- Helping customers be awesome at what they do by developing new products, features, and user interfaces together with 7signal sales, customer service, and R&D team.
- Continuous Delivery processes and enabling technologies for deployments to Production.
- Knowledge and skills in networking and/or Wi-Fi.
- Exposure to automation testing.
- Experience with multiple product release cycles.
- Experience with QA testing tools and defect tracking systems.
- Exposure to Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Proficient in creating SQL queries for test validation.
- Good knowledge of how the product should behave across many major functional areas.
- Experience with providing QA estimates to project stakeholders.
The functions, qualifications, responsibilities, and requirements listed above represent the essential functions of the job, which the associate must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of job functions does not necessarily include all activities that the associate in this position must perform.