HR Business Partner (Sales)
8x8 ( View website )
June 9, 2021
Remote, United Kingdom
As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8×8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8×8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
For additional information, visit www.8×8.com, or follow 8×8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
UK HR Business Partner, Sales
We’re currently seeking an HR BP for our growing and evolving U.K. business. Rapid and continued growth has led to exciting times and we need an HR Leader who can embrace this, move quickly and help us during the next stages of our growth.
This person will support our Sales organization in the U.K. This includes Commercial sales (inside sales), Field Sales, which includes Enterprise and Public Sector teams, Sales Engineering and other supporting teams that help our sellers close business. This person will focus on the full employee lifecycle, responsible for driving best of class practices and programs, both corporate and local. This will include interviewing and hiring, employee retention, workforce planning, career pathing and coaching our leaders to be the best coaches possible. This is a key role with the opportunity to impact our U.K. employees overall experience and career!
The HRBP will drive the following activities
● Be an active partner for the business leadership teams, on HR issues such as reward, employee relations, performance, organisational development and change, continuous improvement, culture, leadership as well as learning and development
● Challenge, provoke and coach business leaders on Diversity and Inclusion agenda, employee engagement, continuous improvement, operational efficiencies and development
● Support the Business on the effective development, deployment and reward of resources and talent in the business to achieve strategic and operational objectives
● Be accountable for the relationship with business leaders; orchestrate the delivery and implementation of core HR programs and processes (e.g. performance and reward; leadership development, workforce planning)
● Coach business leaders and managers on all people related matters; actively contributing to people related strategy. Coach managers in addressing performance concerns and managing performance on an on-going basis
● Ability to initiate, design and effectively execute integrated people solutions that address key business drivers, bringing together resources within the business area
● Governance and Compliance – take accountability for partnering with business leaders in maintaining and monitoring policies and procedures within allocated business areas, identifying potential breaches and proactively initiating action when applicable.
● Ensure compliance with the global HR portfolio of policies and procedures
● Support the resolution of complex people and employee relations issues, escalated through central HR Operations within agreed governance
● Support delivery of learning interventions and programs by researching on specific topics.
Key Skills and Experience
● Proven HRBP experience in a global, matrix organization
● Ideal candidate would have experience supporting global sales organizations and teams
● Working knowledge of UK legislation, dispute resolution techniques and experience of handling Employee Relations issues.
● Excellent analytical, problem solving, judgment and decision-making skills
● Highly persuasive influencing skills
● Strong verbal and written communication skills and very good interpersonal skills
● Good attention to detail
● Competence to build and effectively manage stakeholder relationships at all levels
● Resilience and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities
● Business acumen with the ability to understand business strategy and partner with senior executives
Working at 8×8
● Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
● Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
● Encouragement and environment to make a difference
● Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
● Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology
For a closer look into what life at 8×8 UK Ltd. is about check out our Instagram page.
8×8 believes diversity makes our company stronger which is why we are a proud equal opportunities employer and encourage all of our staff to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe in fairness which is why we have been a member of the Living Wage Foundation for many years and we believe in security so reserve the right to undertake background checks on anyone that we extend an employment offer to. For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.