Software Integration Engineer III
What you’ll do
In a few words…
How about integrating some awesomeness into your work life? As our Software Integration Engineer III you’ll define and implement enterprise-level design standards for diverse software applications that serve a dynamic community of internal and external clients. You will work with business managers, software engineers, quality assurance teams and technology leaders to provide design guidelines that offer technical solutions and support complex decision making. When every one of those decides to pull in a different direction as opposed to pulling together to get somewhere, it’s not so much fun as it is dysfunctional… But, hey, everyone knows you’re secretly a people person with a knack for persuasion that brings out the best in others.
The fundamentals for the job…
- In this role, you will provide technical coaching, guidance and support in the development and deployment of complex backend processes and APIs.
- You will work closely with Business Analysts, Software Engineers and users to understand business and client needs; then, create optimal software / technology solutions to address those needs.
- You shall help define product requirements for creating high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and services.
- You’ll lead the way in terms of classifying and documenting development of best practices, processes, and methodologies.
- Your talent at creating scalable, maintainable designs supports loosely-coupled enterprise components and fosters reuse of software.
- You will make high-level design choices and instruct on technical standards, including software coding, tools, and platforms.
- You will create, define and choose frameworks for new applications.
- You will point out the way to go from existing to future software architectures.
- You will cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices, as well as take an active role in cross‐departmental projects when needed.
- Share and discuss with the team on the task at hand or on internal and external customer requirements.
- Support in coordinating team logistics and in communicating team status, task accomplishment and direction.
- Research, investigate and make sure to loiter at the forefront of technology and its trends (Software Development, Hardware, Programming Languages, etc).
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor or Master’s (preferred) Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 7+ years of work experience as a Programmer, Technical or Systems Analyst, and at least 5 years of experience in Programming, Relational Database Programming or Relational Database Administration OR the equivalent of 7 years of work experience, with 4 years in Integration/Interface Programming, System Design/Analysis, Database Administration and/or Programming, and Project Leadership skills. This is an important mouthful. Make sure your experience qualifies.
- You are experienced working with Team Foundation Server and Microsoft’s .Net Framework.
- Familiarized with Object‐Oriented languages and Design Patterns.
- Experience in:
- Any major database (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc.), Database Design, Database Optimization.
- Proficient in Web Services (SOAP and Restful), XML, XML JSON processing API's, Micro Services
- Experience in API layer with security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc.
- Strong experience in C#, VB.Net or Java
- Strong expertise in Entity Framework or other ORM framework
- Interfaces using HL7, TCP/IP, EDI or FTP required.
- Service Oriented Architecture and/or Microservices with a strong understanding of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle). You have full life-cycle experience (from gathering user requirements through prototyping, implementation, testing and deployment).
- If you are proficient in MS SQL Server, SSIS and T-SQL that’s a plus.
- If you bring Microsoft Certified Application or Professional Developer, that’s a super plus.
- Experience with X12 and NCPDP standards is another big, cool plus.
- You are a team player, at your best when thinking critically and analytically. You take pride in your accountability and you don’t think it’s possible for anything to be too Business and software development are your game, and your sharp focus on customer service makes the rest of us seem blurry.
- You can communicate effectively (read, speak, write, argue, code and beyond) in English and Spanish.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Innovator: People like you are the parents of unexpected ideas, with a factory of genius that doesn’t run out. Fascinated with possibilities you are, in turn, fascinating as well. You either plainly see or otherwise figure out the connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.
- Logical: Logic is your middle name, as you are relentless in the search for reasons, causes and effects. Unencumbered by excessive sentimentality, you can think about all the factors that affect a situation. To you, things must be logical or they are nonsense.
- Influencer: You are a born persuader. At ease managing prospects, you know how and when to push collaborators and followers.
- Master cross-collaborator: You are skilled at working across multiple departments, businesses and personnel. Also, you can apparently be in two places at once.
- System thinker: You believe in the connection among all things. For you, there are no coincidences and every event has a reason.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.