SQL Reporting Specialist
What you’ll do
In a few words…
The Data Devourer: It’s a person who lives on data and will automatically analyze and report on any new data obtained. They consume as much data as possible, and somehow repurpose it in the form of pretty charts and colorful reports. At Abarca we’ve officially named this person the SQL Reporting Specialist, but Data Devourer sounds cooler (says the person who writes these). Obviously the name says the bulk of this role’s responsibilities and that is: REPORTS. You’ll get to create your data-driven works of art and show them to plenty of departments. In fact, your reports will actually influence how we collect data and the look-and-feel of future reports, in particular, anything that has to do with quality assurance. Your detailed heart will love ensuring the accuracy and completeness of our data as well as the proper use of analytics tools. We promise you will never run out of data to analyze.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Translate requirements into reporting deliverables (Note: This is not the kind of translation Google can help you with.)
- Report/Query testing and development;
- Create and analyze reports and share findings with end-users (Notice the word “Reporting” in the title… yeah, they’ll be lots of those.)
- Support customer implementations through impact analysis reports, platform change monitoring reports, and mitigation reports, among others. During implementations, you may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Recommend establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information;
- Develop proper processes for data collection, mining, standardization, and analytics (Can’t have reports without data, can you?)
- Initiate data management and identify the proper use of analytics tools;
- Collaborate with a wide variety of developers and analysts;
- Combine business knowledge and technical expertise to assist customers in evaluating or addressing business issues through data;
- Assure project data integrity, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing, and analysis;
- Verify the completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of data warehouse information;
- Work with business owners and technical resources to identify and address data quality issues when they arise;
- Provide production support to end-users in a timely fashion.
- Perform additional tasks or special projects as assigned.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field. If you don’t have a degree, but you have the experience, we’ll consider you anyway.
- 1+ years of professional experience with SQL (You should be a specialist, after all.)
- You get special sparkly stickers with happy faces if you have working knowledge of healthcare utilization reporting, claims, membership, provider data, and standard Healthcare metrics.
- Decent computer proficiency and knowledge of business intelligence tools (i.e., Microsoft BI, Tableau, QlikView);
- Experience with designing, reporting, and delivering analytical solutions would make us very happy.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (meaning people actually understand what you’re saying) in English.
- Strong organizational skills are required. (Please refer to point #1 below.)
- Ability to work both independently and participate as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn new technology; (Please refer to point #2 below.)
- Proficiency with Reporting Services would be a plus. (Considering the title, this is a super PLUS.)
- Must be authorized to work in US territory.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Organization Guru: You crave organization like most people crave their morning coffee. Things have a place and you know exactly where and how that place should be. Files; please, those were your childhood toys! Go ahead and show us your label-maker collection.
- Eager to learn and further develop: You seek knowledge like a sunflower seeks the sun, meaning you will bend over backwards to get it. Your eternal quest for enhancing the tomes of your inner encyclopedia leads you to continuous progress and development. The sky is the limit. No, that’s not right. There IS NO LIMIT.
- Collaborator: You’re the human embodiment of balance, yin & yang, harmony, equilibrium, etc. When the quarks joined to form a neutron, you were there, supervising. Your presence practically guarantees a happy medium as you flow along different departments. We’re not sure if you’re using a Time-Turner or some sort of Tesseract, but you seem to be in more than one place at a time.
- Data-Driven Nerd: You’re like a black hole of data, absorbing everything around you. Lucky for us, once you’ve digested all that data you actually put it back out there for us to see and understand. Rumor has it that you dream in Elliot Waves, but we won’t ask you about that.
- Detail Oriented: You notice everything, every little thing; and you rarely forget any of it. Your attention to detail borders on photographic and your spirit animal is a hawk. If anything changes, you notice and take notes too.
- Analytical: You wear a spyglass on your sleeve, examining past, present, and possible futures more intensely than Dr. Strange. Your frequent overanalyzing is one of your trademarks and it helps you foresee things to your advantage.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.