Fall Intern, Human Resources- Talent Acquisition
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
AccuWeather is looking for a Human Resources intern to work closely with our recruiting and talent team. You will gain hands-on experience through the entire hiring process from enhancing job descriptions to attract top talent to helping with scheduling and interviewing candidates to onboarding new AccuWeather team members. This is a great opportunity to grow your skills, build your resume and gain invaluable experience while working with a detail-oriented, organized and fun team.
This paid internship is available through Fall semester of 2021.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to compile and update job descriptions to meet AccuWeather standards.
- Assist recruiting team by reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews and conducting phone screens.
- Help onboard new team members by collecting paperwork, collaborating with IT for equipment needs and preparing New Hire Orientation schedule.
- Assist with data input for AccuWeather’s performance management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Labor Employment Relations, Business Management or a related field
- Experience managing and organizing large amounts of e-files/paperwork
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with interpersonal relationship skills and willingness to engage with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed-oriented and self-motivated
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to ** Redacted ** and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.