AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania, and other offices around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their lives and get more out of their day through digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as radio, television, newspapers, and the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. AccuWeather serves more than half of Fortune 500 companies and thousands of businesses globally. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites. Among AccuWeather’s many innovative and award-winning features available free to the public are MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the patented AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
Supporting the Mobile QE Lead and Manager, the Mobile Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for the testing activities associated with AccuWeather's mobile portfolio while striving to deliver the best experience for AccuWeather users. Responsibilities include input to test plan, test cases design, execution and defects in alignment with internal policies and procedures.
This position may be based at either of AccuWeather's offices in New York City or State College, Pennsylvania, but candidates who plan to work remotely in North America will also be considered.
- Technical functional resource with solid quality engineering background in mobile testing with iOS and Android applications
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain test cases (Manual/Automation)
- Identify gaps, data dependencies, risks when reviewing requirements and design
- Apply risk analysis methodology/tools that align with product development approach
- Prioritize testing tasks, as well as ensure milestones, activities, tasks based on Agile methodology
- Capable of executing QA activities within Agile environment working collaboratively with all stakeholders appropriately
- Support Mobile QE Lead in creating project status reports and metrics
- Collaborate with core team members from Development, Product, Design while maintaining healthy relationships
- Responsible and accountable for documenting and supporting the proactive identification of end-to-end test solution designs and early automation opportunities
- Work collaboratively with core team to define and validate appropriate stories, acceptance criteria and definition of done/ready
- Provide feedback, reporting and analytics on overall quality/performance, user experience, and ideas for future bug prevention
- Knowledgeable on Quality Engineering practices and procedures
- Engage with relevant stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external, to shift from finding bugs to proactively preventing bugs
- Hands-on testing with mobile and tablet devices for functional, UI/UX, Integration, user acceptance, analytics, system logs, automation, end-to-end
- Infrequently travel to AccuWeather’s offices in New York City, Montreal and State College, Pennsylvania, after the pandemic is anticipated
- Other duties as assigned
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science/Engineering
- 3 or more years of testing experience within the capacity of Mobile Quality Assurance/Engineer (Android and iOS)
- 2 or more years testing experience in UI, Functional and Analytics testing
- General/Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of test processes and agile methodology
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC, requirement analysis and test management practices
- Working knowledge on different test, defect and requirement management tools
- Hands on working with mobile devices for testing (Android and iOS).
- Be willing to learn automation through Selenium as needed
- Experience with CI/CD and related techniques and tools
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of analytics
- Demonstrated to be a self-initiator and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to ** Redacted ** and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.