Senior Implementation Consultant (SQL Engineer)
Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the job
In the Acquia CDP Professional Services team, our job is to design, configure, and deploy the most powerful CDP solutions that the Acquia Platform can offer. We are looking for someone who loves data and working with clients to translate requirements into product technical solutions.
As a Senior Implementation Consultant, you manage all technical aspects of new implementations and revisions for clients, and drive them towards value realization. Be ready to start fast with your leadership, strong analysis skill, technical acumen, creative and critical thinking, and passion for fast-paced problem solving.
- Lead and mentor Implementation Consultants in implementing solutions with the Acquia CDP
- Lead complex Acquia CDP implementation projects for our customers, including discovery and project planning.
- Work in close partnership with Acquia project and customer success managers to lead customer engagements, regularly taking the lead on customer communications.
- Collaborate closely with project management to create and adjust project requirements and timelines.
- Drive clients towards maximum value realization with the Acquia CDP Platform.
- Understand and translate the client's marketing and business use cases to design solutions suitable to their needs.
- Work with client technical and business team members to gather requirements, map solutions, make recommendations, and craft the CDP solution.
- Deliver technical specifications, documentation, and functional software solutions based on customer requirements.
- Collaborate with Acquia product and engineering teams on solutions to novel customer requirements.
- Engage subject matter experts and other team members for support as needed.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with project partners regarding project status and risks.
- Lead the entire development lifecycle with a team of engineers.
- Develop a deep understanding of customers' data to ensure it can be integrated successfully into Acquia's big data platform.
- Understand and coach others in the use of Acquia CDP best practices to design optimal technical solutions.
- Define and coach others in Acquia CDP standard methodologies.
- Participate in continuous iterative improvement of the Acquia CDP product based on customer feedback.
- Strong SQL language experience (window functions, case statements, joins, etc.)
- Relevant work, education, or hands on development experience.
- Strong analytical and critical problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills tailored to an audience of professionals, management and staff with a broad range of technical skills.
- Ability to learn about new platforms and technologies unique to client environments.
- Experience with drawing meaningful conclusions from large sets of data.
- Ability to translate business requirements to product solutions.
- Ability to lead design technical solutions for large clients.
Nice To Have
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in an engineering or analytical field.
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive QL, Impala.
- Experience in web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, CoreMetrics, SiteCatalyst).
- Working knowledge of email service providers (e.g. Silverpop, ExactTarget, Responsys).
- Experience with operational data systems (SAP, NetSuite, Magento).
You'll be successful in this role if you have
- Relentless drive to help clients be successful.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality software on time.
- Ability to work within timelines and technical constraints.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks, and eager to work on exciting and innovative technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled at collaborating with team members and partners in a matrixed environment.
- Flexible and able to deal with shifting priorities while clearly communicating the impact of change to your team.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects at varying stages
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, with an ability to collaborate asynchronously in a multi-time zone environment.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact ** Redacted ** as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.