Accounting Lead – Project Employee (Remote)
The Accounting Lead will be a significant contributor to Accounting and Finance team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Lead Accountant will perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting and finance processes, entries and reconciliations as well as ad-hoc financial analyses and projects. The ideal candidate will have an insatiable intellectual curiosity, speak fluently in debits and credits, be willing to roll up their sleeves and do the detail work while also maintaining a big picture view, and work well independently and as a member of the team.
- 8+ years of combined experience in operational and technical accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related
- Proficiency with NetSuite, Concur, Bill.com, and Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Enthusiasm to work in a team-oriented, start-up environment
- Assist in the month-end close process, including but not limited to preparation of monthly journal entries, reserves and accruals, leases, consolidations, etc.
- Lead international accounting operations
- Assist with and help facilitate a successful audit with our third-party auditors, including supporting documentation, preparing audit schedules, and facilitating conversations with the audit team regarding questions, status, and other activities
- Ensure US and international tax compliances
- Maintain financial accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance with accounting principles
- Lead system or process improvement projects in coordination with IT, legal, finance, and other ERP business partners as required.
- Optimize NetSuite accounting functionality via automation, scheduled entries, canned analysis reports, etc
- Understand the underlying transactions of the business and help stakeholders with the decision making
- Build strong working relationships with internal and external teams
- Support the Finance and Accounting organization as the company scales
- Mentor, develop, and counsel other team members
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.