Director, People Technology
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are looking for a consultative, forward-thinking, and super resourceful Director of People Technology. Your strategic vision and technical capabilities will own the design and development of Addepar’s People technology strategy and roadmap. In partnership with the People Team program owners and multi-functional peers, you’ll lead the ongoing assessment and improvement of People technologies to enable the broader People Team’s strategy. You will have a strong client services and technical mindset and be obsessed with building tools and systems that deliver great employee and manager experiences. Your role is critical in ensuring the scalability of the People organization as we rapidly expand our global footprint. As part of our hybrid work model, you can be located anywhere in the US; however, you must be willing to travel to our Mountain View, CA, or New York City offices at least once quarterly.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the People team’s leadership to design and evolve our People technology strategy and roadmap
- Form a team and deliver the People Technology team operating model to ensure support of the team is effective and efficient
- Ensure the operating model runs smoothly in all areas including production support, implementations, system enhancements, and issue escalations
- Deliver and maintain system documentation and end-user job aids and resources
- Conduct business system assessments and lead the evaluation and selection of People systems/tools-based solutions
- Build resource and project plans projects, identifying cross-team staffing requirements, external resources, budget, and other investments necessary to ensure successful delivery
- Develop and manage the People Technology budget
- Partner with People stakeholders to design and implement effective, efficient, and scalable automated business processes
- Balance contending priorities and flexibly adapt to our rapidly evolving business environment
- Advance a continuous process improvement mentality leveraging technology and ensuring optimal resource utilization
- Find opportunities to enhance the employee and manager experience
- Empower People teams and managers to make informed data-driven decisions
- Deliver meaningful insights and establish action plans to improve transactions and capabilities
- Help drive technology and tool adoption with employees and managers
- Establish an overall vendor strategy and lead vendor assessments in partnership with stakeholders
- Proactively ensure required and appropriate governance for People technology and people-related data management
- Collaborate with the Security and Legal functions to ensure data security and adherence to all data privacy regulations
Who You Are
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- You have 8+ years of HCM technology experience
- You have 5+ years of HR Tech leadership experience in rapidly expanding global environments
- Hands-on experience with Workday and other HR technologies such as ATS and LMS
- You have a proven understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they impact HR systems
- You are a critical thinker with the ability to develop a long-range vision, multi-year systems roadmap, and innovative solutions
- You have a demonstrated track record of building successful teams
- You have significant project/program management experience related to the implementation and optimization of new applications
- You are customer-obsessed and have a demonstrated track record of effective stakeholder management and influence
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are resourceful and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action – We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together – We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win – We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency – We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter – We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
Unfortunately, at this time we cannot accept Colorado applicants.