Newsletter Editor (Subaru)
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
The Newsletter Editor is responsible for overseeing of all aspects of the Subaru Newsletter program for a large volume of Subaru retailers. This role will support the broader (internal) Subaru team related to seasonal campaigns, owner retention communications, and marketing calendars. External communication with SOA stakeholders and key dealership contacts will also be required to ensure deadlines are met and newsletters are launched in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will have senior-level writing skills and working knowledge of launching email campaigns. Experience working with cross-departmental teams and consistently meeting deadlines are a must.
Must provide Writing Samples
- Research article topics for Newsletters sent to Subaru owners with a regional, seasonal, and retailer-specific focus
- Create detailed content calendars for multiple OEMs and groups (6 –12-month calendars)
- Work with internal account managers and coordinate client approvals for content topics and calendars
- Writing and editing a high volume of articles to be used in Newsletters
- Coordinating and handling client approvals for written articles and any requested changes.
- Loading and saving articles and images in our proprietary email marketing platform.
- Performing test launches and final review of newsletters
- Analyzing reports on newsletter statistics and identifying ways to optimize content based on this data, then making recommendations to key stakeholders
- Ongoing project management and prioritization
- Assist in the creation of copy for email campaign templates and automated email communications
- 7-10 years content development and writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English/ Journalism, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Superior language and grammar skills
- Fluency in current advertising creativity, writing, strategy, design, and culture trends expected
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multitask and thrive under accelerated deadlines and shifting deliverables
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to review and edit projects written by peers
- Strong program knowledge (Microsoft Office) and CRM platforms
- Must be a team player who is open to receiving and executing feedback
- Participate in a review and approval process for all projects with a focus on gaining consensus from disparate opinions and delivering results
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.