Principal SQL DBA
Join our award-winning A-Team!
Ready to produce exceptional results with exceptional people? Get in touch, we would love to get to know you.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
Affinitiv is looking for a Principal SQL DBA to join our team. You will be working closely with the Development team on a Cloud-hosted application and a number of SQL servers to ensure the environment is built, configured, managed, and monitored correctly to support the business. You will help drive decisions on right-sizing servers and storage, troubleshooting performance issues, ensuring the highest level of reliability for the platform, and tuning the environment for maximum scalability and security and help with azure cloud migration.
- Administers, manages and monitors all systems, including databases, in development, test and production environments.
- Design and implementation of Azure cloud databases, high-availability solutions, replication, encryption, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Data Partitioning, Purging and Archiving solutions in the Azure SQL ecosystem.
- Migration of on-premises database to the Azure Cloud using SQL on VM, SQL MI, Azure SQL Database.
- Azure CLI and/or PowerShell.
- Writing T-SQL, including complex stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers.
- Query analysis and troubleshooting Leadership responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership through example, develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- 24×7 support for our SQL Server environment.
- Own and manage uptime and performance SLAs.
- Ability to work well with team globally specifically in India
- Work with Development and QA team, guide developers on following best coding practices to write optimal & efficient code.
- 10+ years of DBA experience in a production environment
- 3+ years supporting Azure SQL cloud-based databases.
- Nice to have experience of managing SQL Servers in AWS.
- 5+ years in database tuning and project support, database server upgrades and migrations, writing and troubleshooting database stored procedures.
- Experience with Azure SQL Family specifically SQL MI and Azure SQL Database.
- Application Development experience (preferably using .NET) and writing database scripts.
- Good understanding of DevOps and the role of database administration teams in DevOps.
- Experience of doing database deployment using .dacpac.
- Advanced knowledge of performance tuning and administration, query analysis, performance monitoring and tuning, and maintenance routines
- Background in automating processes
- Experience with creating and maintaining database infrastructure
- Experience with database clustering (FCI or Always On Availability Groups)
- Experience with database monitoring tools like SentryOne and native tools like Perfmon, Profiler, PAL and SQL DMVs.
Work from Here
At Affinitiv, we have the best of both worlds. Our team members have embraced remote work and our Work from Here program allows for remote working and the utmost flexibility while keeping in person collaborating thriving in a safe work environment. Our Work from Here approach gives team members a choice to work on campus or remote, leaders can hold in person or virtual team meetings to collaborate and cultivate relationships.
Affinitiv knows you have interests outside of work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401K effective day 1 just to name a few. We also offer generous PTO so you can enjoy off time with family and friends.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are extended to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business needs. Affinitiv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.