Customer Centric Engineer – PostgreSQL/MySQL (EMEA-remote)
Aiven is a hypergrowth Platform-as-a-Service company offering the best in open-source and data technologies on multiple cloud platforms.
Headquartered in Helsinki with hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache Kafka and M3, on all major clouds.
In 2022, we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel our global expansion, the comprehensiveness of our platform and to focus on new programs in sustainability and diversity in tech.
Open source is at our core. We compensate our employees who contribute to open source outside of their daily work with Aiven and we have set up an Open Source Program Office (OSPO), to actively focus on giving back to the open-source community.
Aiven operates a sizeable managed Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL and OpenSearch service fleet on behalf of our customers. With the combination of other Open Source data technologies in the same offering, Aiven helps customers to manage significant data flows for a wide range of use cases.
We live our values of courage, openness and ownership every day, and continually strive to ensure that every Aivener is empowered to contribute creatively and meaningfully, in a work environment where they have the tools to succeed and the comfort and support to be themselves.
We are looking for Software Engineers with Postgres/MySQL/Relational Database experience to join our Customer Centric Engineering Team.
Customer Centric Engineers work at the intersection of our various customer engagement teams and engineering teams and drive customer success by helping identify and resolve critical business issues. In this role you’ll interact directly with our customers, hands on fixing issues and providing software development and operations expertise, leveraging deep knowledge of best practices in the use of PostgreSQL, MySQL, Cassandra and Opensearch as part of the Data Storage Domain of Aiven Platform. Our Customer Centric Engineers directly contribute to the Aiven platform by focusing on the issues that affect our customers most. You will be developing new features, as well as investigating and fixing issues that might arise while operating services at scale.
This position is fully remote and open to candidates in Europe,Middle East and Africa.
- 4+ years as a Software Engineer, Database Administrator or Solutions Engineer
- Expert knowledge in database performance monitoring, query optimization, index management, and fine-tuning
- Experience tuning for large data ingestion into various datastores (Postgres/MySQL/OpenSearch)
- Excellent Relational Database knowledge
- Experience with analyzing and optimizing RDBMS & NoSQL queries
- Experience in diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving customer issues
- Desire to make customers successful
- Experience in troubleshooting applications running on Linux (resource contention, network bottlenecks, etc.) and various cloud service network setups.
- Fluency in English, verbal and written
- Individuals who thrive with a high degree of autonomy
What we value:
- M.Sc. in Computer Science or similar experience
- Experience with programming languages like Python is welcome
- Experience with non relational databases is welcome (MongoDB)
- Experience and interest on infrastructure as code
- Experience in building software on cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Good understanding of security (software, networking)
- Distributed systems knowledge
- Experience in microservices architectures, API-based and event-driven architecture
A fast growing cloud open source tech company offering:
- Large variety of opportunities to develop and progress your career in multiple directions
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Lots of space and freedom to be yourself and act as an owner
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Comprehensive Benefits program including <region specific benefits>
- An agile working environment with short decision path
- Really good work-life balance (and we mean it!)
- Diverse and international working environment
- Extra remuneration for open-source contributions
- Awesome Gear & Mobile phone of your choice and subscription
AIVEN provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, gender expression, record of offences, marital, status, family status, disability. AIVEN complies with applicable provincial and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training