Experienced Full-Stack Developer (React / Python)
Headquartered in Helsinki with offices in Berlin, Sydney and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Kafka and M3, on all major clouds. We have raised $150M in VC funding to date and are backed by world-class investors including Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, among others. We plan to invest this funding back into open source.
Our roots are in open source. The services we provide are based on best-in-class open source data technologies. We are establishing the Open-Source Office that will coordinate and increase our contributions to the open source community.
Through Aiven, developers can do what they do best: create applications. Meanwhile, we do what we do best; manage cloud data infrastructure. We enable our customers to drive business results from open source resulting in true transformations far beyond their own backyards.
We have offices in Helsinki and Berlin, additionally we are hiring for this position remotely in Finland and Germany as well.
About the role
We are now looking for an experienced Full-Stack Developer (React / Python) to join our committed and talented team! You will be developing new features for the Aiven platform and further extending our selection of managed self-healing open-source database services (DBaaS).
Specifically, you’ll be developing features end-to-end, including Aiven’s customer-facing frontend, our public REST APIs and the database layer. Depending on your interests, you can also contribute to our command line client, terraform tooling or UX design of our frontends.
The person we are looking for is enthusiastic about programming and a team player. We value analytical problem-solving skills and willingness to exchange ideas. Our current tech stack consists of: React, Redux, Typescript, Python.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science preferred or relevant experience acquired on the job
- Understanding of static typing
- Good knowledge of Linux
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Interest in databases and cloud technologies and eagerness to continuous learning
- Fluent verbal and written English skills (Finnish not necessary)
What is seen as an advantage:
- Previous experience with Typescript
- Previous experience of some of the following: Python, GO, REST API, SQL, NoSQL
- Previous experience of or willingness to dig deeper on UX and visual design
A fast growing cloud open source tech company offering:
- large variety of opportunities to develop and progress your career in multiple directions
- diverse and international working environment
- extra remuneration for open-source contributions
- participation in employee stock option plan
- flexible working hours and remote working flexibility
- relocation package
- mobile phone of your choice and subscription
Multiple additional perks and benefits including:
- Aiven Library – books of your choice to widen your knowledge
- German and Finnish language courses
- Urban Sports Club membership
- modern and spacy office in the centre of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
- office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
- company sponsored events
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.