Full Stack Developer (Natural Health Company) (Remote or in-office)
Would you like to belong to one of the brightest business teams in North America? A tight-knit group of some of the best digital entrepreneurs, coders, and developers on earth. They’re Yoda-smart. They love what they do. And they’re using their genius to make the world a better place. This isn’t just another job — if you’ve got the chops, it’s a chance to change the lives of millions of people.
We know you’ll thrive in our supportive atmosphere. You see, in most workplaces, you can find at least a few caring colleagues, but at AlgaeCal, it’s part of the culture. Every day you’ll be surrounded by some of the most friendliest teammates you’ll ever meet. They’ll help you set ambitious goals. They’ll appreciate your hard work, and they’ll party with you in Mexico! More about that below, but first, here’s who we are…
At AlgaeCal, we’re driven by a single idea. To end the fear of bone loss. It’s a big mission. In the United States, an estimated 54 million people have crumbling bones. And they’re scared. Scared of snapping a bone. Scared of being forced to quit their favorite hobbies. And worst of all, scared of losing their independence.
The good news? AlgaeCal has the world’s only clinically-backed natural solution to this problem. We help thousands of people say goodbye to fear, frailty, and fractures. If that excites you, you’ll find no better place to continue your career than at AlgaeCal.
We’re growing so quickly that we need a new Full Stack Web Developer to join our team!
To crush it in this role, you’ll have 5 years development experience and be brilliant at working in Scrum projects.
Skills You’ll Get To Use
Skills you will need:
- Object Oriented PHP and knowledge of a framework such as Lumen, Slim or CodeIgniter
- Experience with a Progressive JS Framework such as VueJS or React
- Semantic HTML
- CSS and Sass
Obviously, we’d love you to know your way around html5, css3, sass, webpack, nuxt, bootstrap, slim framework, lumen, git, RESTful, and databases.
We’ve love you have experience in Docker, Google Analytics, E-commerce Systems, Payment Gateways, DevOps, and any Cloud computing platforms… but don’t worry if you don’t – we’ll give you plenty of opportunity to learn these skills.
Qualities You’ll Need
At AlgaeCal we’re going to insist that you have these 3 qualities:
- You’re humble — you put the team and others’ needs ahead of your own
- You’re hungry to learn more
- You’re people smart—in the sense that you’re a great teammate
The truth is, if you don’t have these qualities you won’t last long at AlgaeCal. So if you’re missing one of them, be honest. Save yourself a lot of headaches and skip to a job posting that is a better fit for you.
What Will You Earn?
Let’s agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
How To Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often. So to make sure our next Senior Web Developer is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you’re the best Full Stack Web Developer for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deCCJZ6tiDiOSlr_W0UdCuM_V_ahzPBs/view
- What’s the toughest challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best — and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.