Online Customer Service Representative (Natural Health Company) (Remote or in-office)
Have you got solid writing chops? Do you know how to use words to “connect” with others? Would you enjoy helping people feel hopeful again? Have you always wanted to work for a cool company that’s making a difference in the world? This could be your dream role.
We’re seeking an Online Customer Service Representative with 2+ years’ full-time experience. In this role, you’ll be the voice of AlgaeCal across our online channels. You’ll be writing clear and concise responses to customer comments on social media. Your responses will make people feel heard, understood, and well taken care of.
What Do We Do?
At AlgaeCal, we’re driven by a single idea. To end the fear of bone loss. It’s a big mission. In the United States, an estimated 54 million people have fragile bones. And they’re scared. Scared of snapping a bone. Scared of being forced to quit their favorite hobbies. And worst of all, scared of losing their independence.
The good news? AlgaeCal has the world’s only clinically-backed natural solution to this problem. We help thousands of people say goodbye to fear, fracture, and frailty. If that excites you, you’ll find no better place to continue your career than at AlgaeCal.
So why not join us as our new Online Customer Service Representative (Full Time)
Below are a few of the primary tasks you can look forward to while working from our office in Vancouver’s exciting Mount Pleasant area:
- Show off your savvy customer service skills by responding to comments on AlgaeCal Facebook ads. Our ads get a ton of engagement and our aim is to reply to every comment, so this is where you’ll really get to flex your writing muscle! Check out this ad for a sneak peek.
- Also respond to all inquiries that come up on our online channels including Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and Youtube.
- Provide 5-star support to customers and leads who reach out via Facebook and Instagram direct messages.
- Answer questions and concerns that come up on the AlgaeCal blog. Have a scroll through the comments sections to see our responders in action!
- Pull up accounts and dive deep into customer orders so you can personalize your responses.
Before you get started in your new role, you’ll join our top level training program to learn about bone health, our products and customers. You’ll be amazed at the knowledge you acquire at this stage, and feel inspired to share what you’ve learned with our community!
Ideal Candidate Skills
- You’ve got exceptional written communication skills. And can craft concise, high-quality responses that are both honest and empathetic.
- You’re a critical thinker with a keen ability to interpret questions, read between the lines, and find genuine solutions.
- You’ve got more “chill” than a hippy polar bear. So you’re able to remain calm and empathetic when managing reactive comments on social media.
- You’ve got top-notch time management skills and like to have a well organized workflow.
- Interest & experience in the health and wellness field is a plus.
In addition to the above, we’re looking for someone who has the 3 qualities that embody our values:
- You’re humble; You’re great at what you do but don’t feel the need to brag about it.
- You’re hungry to learn and grow.
- You’re “people smart”; You’re good at working with others and being a productive member of a high-performing team.
A Day In The Life
Working at AlgaeCal is stimulating, fast-paced, and just like any job, it can have its challenging moments. But one thing it will never be is boring.
Many of our senior leaders started out their careers working in our customer service department. So you’ll get the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a team of people who genuinely care about you and will reward your hard work.
Team members like our Outreach Coach, Moni and our Community and social media team members, Cat, Lara, Megan, and Blaire.
You’ll be working with those teams most closely, but you’ll also be collaborating with other teams as the need arises. We’re sure that before long, you’ll just refer to them all as your AlgaeCal family!
What Will You Earn?
Let’s agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
- A brand new, beautiful workspace in the heart of the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood complete with Mac-ecosystems and convertible standing desks!
- Weekly family style team lunches with tasty, home-cooked food
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
- Pet-friendly office (furry co-workers!)
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use
- Work-From-Home-Wednesdays (available after 6 months of employment)
- Casual dress code
How To Apply
So, do you have what it takes to become the next member of team AlgaeCal?
Job opportunities like this don’t come along often, and we’ve got a lot to offer our successful applicants. So, to make sure our future Online Customer Service Representative is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you’re the best Online Customer Service Representative for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1deCCJZ6tiDiOSlr_W0UdCuM_V_ahzPBs/view
- What’s the toughest work challenge you’ve ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you’ve read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you’re doing now for a job:
- If you don’t have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you’re looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it’s our way of selecting the best… and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the “Apply Now” button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.