Bilingual Office Associate to work in Stamford CT location (temporarily remote through pandemic)
About All Our Kin
All Our Kin is a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains family child care educators to ensure that children and families have the foundations they need to succeed in school and in life. At All Our Kin, we support family child care educators at every stage of their development – from parents and caregivers to professional educators and business owners – using a strength-based, high-touch approach. Through our programs, family child care providers succeed as early childhood educators and small business owners; parents have access to high-quality, affordable child care, making it possible for them to enter into and remain within the workforce; and infants and toddlers gain the enriching experiences that prepare them to succeed in school and in life. All Our Kin is recognized as a national model, and has been proven through studies to raise the quality, availability, and sustainability of family child care.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a housing development in New Haven, Connecticut in 1999. Today, we serve over 850 family child care educators with networks representing five Connecticut cities and New York City, in addition to the surrounding communities.
What You Will Do
We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing organization. The Bilingual Office Associate is a full time position and is supervised by the Site Director. All Our Kin has offices in New Haven, Bridgeport, & Stamford, CT and now in the Bronx, NY. This position is located in Stamford, CT.
Key responsibilities include:
Basic office management:
- Ensure the site and office are running smoothly, have the necessary resources and are always a welcoming place for the community.
- Work with the network director to build office systems and procedures as needed.
- Answer phones, check voicemails and site email. Welcome all visitors.
- Check the post office box every other day, if applicable. Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Prepare outgoing mail for distribution.
- Complete administrative tasks for the Stamford/Norwalk site, including but not limited to ordering supplies, coordinating with deliveries, making copies and keeping the office tidy, welcoming and organized.
- Manage credit card. Track and code office expenses and submit receipts and reports to the Finance Department.
- Set up & Break down the meeting room for guest visitors.
- Manage the opening and closing of the office, including the communication of all office closings in the event of extreme weather or other extraordinary events to local news outlets.
- Coordinate with vendors that provide office maintenance, copy machine service, supplies, signage, technology support etc.
- Coordinate with the property managers and building maintenance to manage any office special needs
- Communicate with cleaning service to schedule cleaning and ensure that all cleaning supplies are stocked
- Manage the office calendar including internal use of space and the office Zoom account
- Manage the IT support for the office
- Work with a team of others in the role of Office Associate across the organization to develop stronger communication and consistent office systems across sites
- Coordinate with the Director to streamline communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Receive donations, recognize donors, and distribute materials.
- Order food for team lunches and coordinate staff appreciation efforts.
- Provide as-needed support to the team members located at the Stamford/Norwalk & Danbury sites, as well as other AOK team members.
Assistance to core All Our Kin programs:
- Record All Our Kin events on internal calendars and in databases
- Prepare and set up for all events including ordering food, creating materials, coordinating with the team for planning and roles.
- Coordinate with outside presenters and/or the Support & Sustainability – Professional Development team on all events in the Stamford/Norwalk office, including communicating all upcoming events to be included in the newsletter and ensuring that all programs are set up for registration.
- Enter provider information and attendance in Salesforce.
- Register providers for various workshops and conduct follow up communication when necessary.
- Manage database of community resources & support providers in accessing local community resources, including but not limited to child care subsidies, additional professional development and programs that may support families
- Other program support as needed, including but not limited to scheduling, written translation, ordering and assembling materials
Who You Are
Hold deep beliefs in and commitments to:
- Making high-quality early care and education available to all children
- Combating systemic racism and injustice
- All Our Kin’s values and model
Experienced and Able to
- Communicate in written and verbal Spanish and English, comfort with written translation and interpreting a plus.
- Exhibit a strong ability to build strong relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Possess excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be proactive, highly organized & take initiative to achieve goals.
- Enjoy collaborating and working as part of a team.
- Demonstrate a keen eye for detail and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Learn and creatively problem-solve.
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information.
- Execute computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite products.
- Is available and willing to work some early mornings, evenings and weekend days as necessary to support Network
What You Can Expect
All Our Kin is an innovative, high-impact organization that empowers a growing number of family child care providers, children, and families to succeed. As we scale All Our Kin’s reach, we strive to maintain the collaborative, values-centered environment that is our hallmark and to continually invest in the backbone of our organization: our talented, mission-driven team. All Our Kin is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes that diversity and opportunity are fundamental to children’s lives and to our work.
Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vacation time– Three weeks paid annual vacation as well as federal holidays and a December holiday (typically December 24 – January 1)
- Retirement Plan- All Our Kin offers a 403(b) plan