Business Management Analyst
We are currently seeking a Business Management Analyst with exceptional analytical, communication, project management, and organizational skills to support multiple teams on a variety of business initiatives across the organization. The person in this role would focus on the planning, performance management, and operational efficiency and effectiveness of multiple business processes, supporting and/or leading a variety of initiatives aimed at increasing organizational effectiveness.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the productivity of leadership meetings by owning the planning, agenda, and meeting minutes
- Using discussions and thoughts from leadership meetings to draft strategic plans
- Developing and assembling organizational annual OKRs, measuring progress, and providing updates to stakeholders
- Driving execution of action items and top priorities agreed upon by Senior Leadership Team
- Owning and continuously improving company operating cadence (e.g., Senior Leadership meetings, offsites, quarterly OKR reviews, etc.)
- Providing ad-hoc support on projects (e.g., research, internal initiatives, expansion efforts, partnerships, etc.)
- Overseeing planning and execution of All Hands meetings, including end-to-end logistics, working with the Senior Leadership Team to design agenda, collect and prepare content, support delivery, and solicit and organize employee feedback to share with leadership
- Developing techniques and procedures for organizing, locating, and enabling access to relevant knowledge and expertise required to address specific business tasks in our knowledge base
- Creating governance and standards across various teams, workflows, and integrated apps
- Defining the knowledge management strategy for our knowledge base and maintaining high quality, up-to-date, and searchable content for all audiences
- Using analytics to evaluate business impact, track the usage, and define efficiency of the knowledge base content
- Supporting the preparation, review, and/or negotiation of contracts/subcontracts, teaming, consulting, and non-disclosure agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other contract-related documents
- Overseeing and coordinating the development, maintenance, implementation and revision of policies and procedures for the operation of the organization’s quality program (CMMI and ISO).
What you need to be considered for this role (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Prior experience as an analyst, auditor, project coordinator, or similar role
- Prior experience in a Federal government contracting environment
- Prior experience leading collaborative work teams and projects
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and strategies relating to various functional areas of business administration (e.g., business development, financial management, contract administration, and management)
- Knowledge of ISO and CMMI practices with demonstrated ability to pass audits and appraisals
- Effective organizational, planning, and time management skills; ability to adapt and manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Effective research, analytical, and problem-solving skills; ability to analyze various sources of data and information to form recommendations for action
- High EQ, strong interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written formats
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality documents and presentations
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision under a system of discipline and accountability
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, confidentiality, and integrity while dealing directly with internal and external customers
- Ability to work, as needed, to meet deadlines (nights, weekends, and holidays, at times)
- All employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
What makes you stand out from the crowd (desired)
- Master of Business Administration or related Master’s Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Prior experience drafting quality management plans, policies, and procedures and performing internal audits
- Understanding of the concept of cost vs. price, direct and indirect rate structures, professional compensation structures (salary and fringe), and labor classifications (exempt and non-exempt)
Ascella Technologies develops and implements innovative technology solutions to deliver business outcomes and help clients manage risk. Our senior consultants and software engineers bring extensive experience in our clients’ specialized business domains, applications, and technologies. With this experience, Ascella has helped Federal, State, and local government agencies achieve success in their most critical missions. Founded in 2002, Ascella is continuously growing and looking for team members that can help us continue to deliver value-added technology-based solutions.
Ascella’s continued success is a reflection of our passion for people. We hire individuals with valuable experiences, and we strive to place people in roles that let them fully utilized their talents and flourish. We also maintain an entrepreneurial culture in which each person’s contribution makes a visible impact on our company and is recognized accordingly.
What makes Ascella employees great
- Innovative Thinkers: From small suggestions to large goals, employee voices are heard and acknowledged. We encourage employees to come up with creative ideas and give everyone the opportunity to help us define how we do things. You will have the opportunity to solve real business problems and be challenged to come up with innovative solutions.
- Lifelong learners: We value lifelong learners who are excited about professional development and personal growth. At Ascella, employees are part of a company and a culture that encourages continuous improvement of both the organization and our employees. You will work in a collaborative environment with an experienced, highly capable team that learns from each other, and you will be both challenged and supported in your efforts to learn and grow.
- Customer-Centric: Ascella is committed to complete customer satisfaction on every project. Our employees provide our customers with excellent service, proactively coming up with solutions to current and anticipated needs. The customer experience is an integral part of our mission and values, and you will work alongside people who are focused and dedicated to the commitment of customer satisfaction.
- Open Communicators: Transparency and communication are important to us at Ascella. We have an “open door” policy, and our employees ask questions and share information on a regular basis. We believe in aligning employee work with overall company objectives and being open about our strategic plan and what we are trying to achieve. We encourage regular feedback and appreciate employee input on what’s working and what’s not so we can initiate discussions about how to improve our processes.
- Inclusive: At Ascella, we encourage and embrace diversity in our workforce. We are committed to being an inclusive organization where all employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. Our employees have an array of talents, ideas, and experiences that help foster creativity and innovation and drive our success.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Ascella Technologies is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law. Ascella Technologies is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.