Senior SQL Database Administrator ( Remote )
This is a Microsoft SQL Server DBA role with Azure SQL experience desired. This role is responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual to support production databases. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- 7+ years of experience in MSSQL Server Database Administration
- 2+ years of experience in Azure SQL Server / Managed Instances / Elastic pools
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations
- Excellent SQL architecture and design skills with proven experience partnering with application development teams to design overall system architecture
- Excellent knowledge of database structures, theories, principles and practices with proven Microsoft SQL Server experience, including reporting services and analysis services
- Proven experience in standard database administration responsibilities (replication, backups/restores, SSIS jobs and scheduling, security administration, partitioning, index maintenance, software maintenance)
- Experience with web-based applications and relational database environments
- Experience designing and supporting data warehouses and business intelligence platforms
- Azure migration a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
- Supportive, progressive, fast-paced environment
- Competitive pay structure
- Matching 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance
AssistRx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All offers of employment with AssistRx are conditional based on the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Sponsorship and/or work authorization is not available for this position.
AssistRx does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of AssistRx and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire