Finance / Accounting Intern
ASTRALABS is a team and network of over 1,500 top startup founders, expert mentors, and investors focused on changing the world. As a venture studio, the company’s aim is to build a better global startup ecosystem and product portfolio focused on educating and equipping the next generation of entrepreneurs with what they need to succeed. With over 750 graduated startups, ASTRALABS possesses over $100 million in equity warrants in a combined estimated market size of over $5 billion. ASTRALABS in the parent company of the Newchip Accelerator, Journey Venture Partners, and Sofos.ai.
ASTRALABS is looking to hire a driven Accounting Intern with basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles to join our growing team. This position will start as a part time contracting role reporting to our organization’s Director of Finance with opportunities for full time hire after 90 days of employment. If you are looking for an opportunity to gain immersive accounting experience and a chance to work under a CPA, then this role is for you. Day to day, the responsibilities of the Accounting Intern include the following:
- Analyze financial data.
- Prepare month end financial reports
- Help manage AR, AP, and expense reconciliation
- Assist in research for accounting, taxation, budgeting and forecasting
- Provide administrative support as needed
**This is a non-remote position and is not currently eligible for visa sponsorship. The ideal candidate for this position would be local to Austin. Any applicants applying outside of Austin, Texas are expected to cover the entirty of their relocation costs.
To be successful in this role, please consider the following requirements.
- Minimum one year of professional workforce experience.
- Must have or be working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an accounting or related field.
- Candidates working toward their CPA are preferred.
- Able to work onsite at our downtown Austin office location M-F.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Strong attention to detail, go-getter attitude, and impeccable communication skills.
- Analytical, organized, and operates with a standard of excellence.
- Competitive Compensation and FTE Opportunities
- Immersive and Practical Accounting Experience
- CPA Mentorship
- Fully Stocked Kitchen / Weekly Team Meals
- Regularly Planned Team Bonding Events
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a revolutionary space!