Product Marketing Director, Payments & Fintech, WooCommerce
Passionate about payments and FinTech? Interested in shaping the future of commerce?
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce platform on the web, and we’re looking for an experienced FinTech product marketer to help us continue to evolve the way store owners transact and manage financial activity on our platform.
As a part of the Woo Marketing team and a key collaborator in the FinTech cross-functional team, you will drive impact across the entire product lifecycle – leveraging merchant insights to influence product strategy, wrangling go-to-market plans, and growing product adoption post-launch. You will define and prioritize work that contributes to growth goals across customer acquisition and satisfaction, payments volume and margins.
- Drive toward product OKRs. Collaborate closely with Product, Design, Development, and Partnerships leaders to set ambitious growth goals – and achieve them. Participate in annual and quarterly goal-setting; articulate how you will use your Product Marketing skills to contribute; build an execution plan with the appropriate measures and checkpoints.
- Advance our customer understanding. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research, outreach, and community events to ensure we stay on top shifting / emerging preferences. Demonstrate a compelling perspective on where the market is headed and how we can preemptively meet our customers’ FinTech needs. Surface insights in marketing strategy and cross-functional decision-making.
- Create and validate data-informed segmentation and targeting strategies. Analyze our customer base and market data to establish where we should focus our marketing efforts. Summarize quantitative feedback for cross-functional partners and underline product roadmap implications when relevant.
- Go to market (GTM) leadership. Provide clear direction to the rest of the marketing team on what products we are marketing and to whom. Define clear targets and messaging that speaks to our users’ needs. Activate the right channels, track results, and iterate toward improvement. Drive work with agency partners and freelancers as needed.
- 10+ years of experience in technology companies, with 5+ years in a FinTech product marketing role. Preference for experience with capital, banking, and financing products.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Capable of balancing multiple projects and goals. Detail orientation where it matters.
- Ability to balance information. Comfort analyzing substantial data sets in some areas and recommending action with minimal information in others.
- A proactive nature. Lay out plans that others are eager to follow.
- A bias toward collaboration! Excitement to share your expertise with the team shows up in attention, diligence, and communication.
HOW TO APPLY
Sound exciting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form.
Be sure to proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in [automattic-country-count] countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.