(Lead/Senior) Frontend Software Engineer – Open to remote work
Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email ** Redacted **. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
As an engineer at Axon, you will be working alongside a team of talented peers to develop a suite of best-in-class products for the public safety market. Your work will directly contribute to Axon’s mission to Protect Life. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies to deliver new capabilities that will have a real impact on the world.
What You’ll Do
Location: Hybrid working at HCMc office OR fully remote working if you are not currently located in HCMC.
- Work with other world-class Engineers, Product Managers and Product Designers to design new features
- Ensure that your code hits a high bar for quality, performance, security, and scalability
- Participate in code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Assist in developing specifications and architecture design for application systems
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contributing to the broader community of Axon engineers
- Track your own projects and clearly communicate status and risks in team meetings
- Monitor everyday activities of system and provide required support
- Mentor junior developers on the team
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews for senior position
What You Bring
- Good computer science backgrounds (programming, data structure, algorithm)
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- Experience designing and delivering highly-available, scalable, reliability, security systems
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Following the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and being capable of intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad.
- Experience designing and delivering cloud-based systems
- Industry experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores.
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience.
- Passion for delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges.
- Clear communication in English
- Recruiter Assessment
- Interview 1 (1 hour)
- Full-loop interview (4 hours)
- Result (within 24 hours of the interview)
Benefits that Benefit You
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Robust Paid Time Off policy
- Lunch allowance
- Cell phone stipend
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Access to 24/7 online emotional and mental support
- Gym membership
- Free parking
- Stocked fridges and pantries – free coffee, cold beverages, snacks
- Annual Company Outing Trip
- Monthly team social activities
For more information, feel free to contact us at: ** Redacted ** or visit us here axon.com
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.