Manager of Information Security Partnerships
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Information Security Partnerships team at BetterUp brings the human touch to enabling the business through security. Members of this team help bridge the gap between security and other business domains (such as sales, human resources, information technology, software engineering, and more) to keep everyone aligned on how to best grow the business while keeping risk in check. This team also runs our security training and awareness programs.
What you’ll do:
As the manager of this team you will set the strategic vision and work to bring the vision to life using your skills in hiring, mentorship, and empathetic leadership. You will set the tone for how security partnerships operate at BetterUp. Sometimes this will be hands-on as you build relationships across the business. Other times you will lead through your team by helping them build partnerships while they grow in their own career.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Experience as a people manager in the information security domain
- Experience as a security partner, security architect, or another related technical security role working with software engineering or information technology teams
- Communication skills that you can adapt as needed for working with individual contributors, executives, and everyone else in the organization
- Exceptional grit and a willingness to work in a fast-paced startup setting
- Eager to contribute to the BetterUp mission
We know that the best candidates often come from non-traditional backgrounds. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel that it could be a good fit, we’d encourage you to apply regardless of how many boxes you check from the above list. We’d love to get to know you before making a decision!
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.