Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner
BetterUp is a mobile-based coaching platform that brings personalized professional coaching to employees at all levels. We help managers lead better, teams perform better, and employees thrive personally and inspire professionally. Our mission is to help professionals everywhere pursue their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. Our product was developed by a team of leading behavioral scientists, researchers, and technologists to bring evidence-based learning to professionals everywhere. We’re already transforming the way companies approach talent development at high-performing organizations like Genentech, Mars, LinkedIn, and Workday. Let’s build together!
We’re at a critical stage in our company trajectory and eager to add top talent within the HR function to increase our talent density and best support our growing, high performing workforce. This experienced HR leader will lead core HR processes at BetterUp and establish and execute talent strategies for key stakeholders. Our HR team thrives in a fast paced environment, can navigate working through ambiguity with an owner’s mindset, and requires the ability to both innovate and build programs and processes that will scale as we grow.
- Develop talent strategies for key stakeholders and design approaches for diagnosing and enhancing organizational effectiveness and employee engagement
- Provide HR expertise and counsel in the areas of feedback, performance management, employee relations, development and coaching, and organizational development
- Extensive employee relations experience with the ability to manage sensitive situations with fairness and drive appropriate outcomes
- Must possess a high level of flexibility and adaptability to handle both day-to-day operational requirements of this position, as well as act strategically in matters related to broader, organizational initiatives
- Strong project management skills and ability to own complex projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment (tech industry experience a plus)
- Ability to storytell using data. Experience creating analytics using Excel (advanced spreadsheet skills) to drive HR business initiatives
- Proactively assess team and manager development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Integrate and partner with colleagues in Recruiting, Analytics, People Ops, Compensation, IT and Legal to implement relevant solutions to drive the business forward
- Contribute as a cultural champion and create an inclusive workplace with an emphasis on diversity, inclusion and belonging for all employees
If you have most or all of the following please apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR and a minimum of 10 -15 years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Post-graduate degree and/or SPHR certification, preferred
- Experience building and managing a team
- Prior experience with a mix of startups and mature organizations
- Familiarly with international expansion and supporting a global workforce
- Proficient with advanced spreadsheets in Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fully versed with Workday (HCM, Benefits, Performance), Radford and Google Suite
- Up to date on federal, state and location requirements for employment laws and employee benefits
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time beginning 2022
- Comfortable interacting and presenting to C-suite executives
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member.
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement.
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays.
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work).
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back.
- Learning and Development stipend.
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp.
- 401(k) self contribution.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.