Temporary Human Resources Generalist (Circ)
Bird is on a mission to bring environmentally friendly transportation to everyone. Our products, services, and people share one common goal: to make cities more livable by reducing gas-powered car usage, lowering carbon emissions, and improving the safety of all road users.
We are relentless in our pursuit of better—for our riders, for our partners, for our employees, and for future generations. Our award winning electric vehicles help millions of riders take carbon-free trips in more than 300 cities globally. And our teams push boundaries and challenge the status quo in pursuit of a brighter future.
Who is Bird
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 250 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
Circ is operational in France and Spain, and is under the larger Bird umbrella. Our mission is to reduce carbon emissions globally by providing micromobility options to consumers.
We are looking for an experienced, part-time HR Generalist to join our team for 4 months (possibly longer with the right candidate). The Generalist will oversee all core HR operations for Circ under the direction of the Director of People Operations, Bird.
- Own offer and onboarding processes as needed for Circ
- Oversee economic dismissal plans including: responding to terminated employees’ emails with ongoing support related to the redundancy plan, ensuring accuracy of all official documents sent to employees and Labor authorities, coordinating with payroll providers to ensure dismissed employees’ payslips are accurate, and ensuring legal compliance throughout
- Oversee all other offboarding
- When necessary, draft employee misconduct letters and handle the disciplinary procedures
- When necessary, connect with local team to assess hiring needs and make sure headcount approval are being granted before editing contracts to new employees
- Draft signed contracts/change of role, meeting authorities administrative requirements for employees declaration and immigration (control work permits)
- Remain compliant with local Spanish compliance from a human capital perspective
- Process purchase orders related to Circ
- Act as the Circ HR team’s intermediary with Bird Legal and with local counsel
- Advise the operations team on HR matters, including legislation and employee issues to ensure compliance in the country and avoid any claim or legal risk.
- Act as the primary recordkeeper and admin for the HRIS tool, ensuring accurate recordkeeping
- Act as the liaison to the payroll provider, consolidating and communicating any monthly changes to payroll and clarifying any payroll issues
- Act as the liaison with the tax advisor on any escalated payroll or tax related matters
- Act as intermediary between payroll and employer's contribution collection governmental authorities (URSSAF, IRP AUTO…)
- 3-5 years of experience in HR roles with a growing scope of responsibilities
- 1+ years of experience with economic dismissals
- High degree of emotional intelligence and maturity
- Resourceful attitude, comfortable and experienced enough to navigate a fast and at times ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders in Operations, Payroll, and Leadership
- Business Spanish proficiency
- Spanish labor law experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare package, childcare support, pre-tax spending accounts, mental health resources, a work from home stipend, a wellness stipend, and a whole host of other out of the box benefits that meet you where you are.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.