Manager, Information Technology (Remote)
Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allow us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on their medications. Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
Blink is looking for a seasoned manager to lead our stellar IT team and help run our office and Cloud infrastructure, Service Desk, and Network Operations. This position is operationally responsible for ensuring the availability and integrity of all IT systems.
You will lead our company’s IT strategy and for the delegation and management of large projects. Our current team mostly focuses on desktop support and SaaS management. The entire team will focus on developing creative solutions for daily problems and opportunities. This role is a blended management/hands-on role— we anticipate something like 40% hands-on work, 40% people and process management, and 20% working with other folks at Blink on IT strategy.
What You'll Do:
- Run the IT team, with a focus on longer-term initiatives and giving other members of the team opportunity to grow
- Set objectives and priorities with team, ensuring timely, accurate, and consistent service and communication to internal business partners
- Be responsible for planning and directing the group’s goals and objectives
- Monitor labor and expenditures and tracks against budget
- Establish, plan, and administer the operating procedures and goals for the group
- Develop IT policies and processes that support information security audits, including a HITRUST certification
- Work closely with others at Blink to find opportunities for IT to contribute to Blink’s success
- Periodically conduct best practice research on IT infrastructure, document solutions to known IT challenges, and build institutional knowledge
- Liaise and build relationships with external vendors for various equipment services and other supports in our technology consortium
- Support the team in incident resolution, being part of on call rotations
- Oversee the administration of our office LAN and remote office LANs
Who You Are:
- You're a people person — you connect well with technically savvy engineers and also with folks who just want their wifi to work.
- As a manager, you operate as a player/coach – meaning, you provide development and strategic direction to your team, but you also robustly contribute.
- You know networks, excited to take the lead on the maintenance and evolution of our network. You love a technical challenge.
- You thrive in a high paced environment.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years IT management experience
- 5+ years of technical infrastructure experience, with an emphasis on networking
- Strong written communication skills, with demonstrated experience developing and writing IT policies, protocols, and procedures that meet the needs of a healthcare regulated environment including HITRUST certification and HIPAA Security Rule (required)
- Proven experience implementing ITIL v4 processes (required)
- Dream to work in a dynamic startup, including willingness to adapt Blink’s IT environment to changing business needs.
- Thrive in the unknown: creatively solve problems with limited input and resources in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Talent for prioritizing and balancing the needs of multiple groups of users
- Flawlessly execute set objectives, with high attention to detail, organization and process.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable being an escalation point for our different tools/technology
Why Join Us:
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.