Accounting Policy and Reporting Manager
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an Accounting Policy and Reporting Manager to join our growing Policy and Reporting team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform technical research/documentation on complex matters and effectively communicate accounting issues to business partners, ensuring that relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved, and documented in accordance with U.S. GAAP including validation/verification of appropriate accounting recorded in the ledger.
- Monitor/research/interpret new U.S. GAAP pronouncements/reporting requirements and provide recommendations on impact to the company's financial statements/policies.
- Identify/address emerging company/industry issues and provide accounting recommendations.
- Develop/refine accounting policies and procedures and implement improvements.
- Participate/lead in process improvement initiatives and special projects.
- Evaluate/recommend/document accurate and timely changes to the internal control environment.
- Prepare reporting to management, auditors, and external parties.
- Design workflows to be in compliance with GAAP disclosure requirements.
- Respond to technical accounting inquiries from finance/accounting colleagues and external auditors. Communicate internal accounting policies and accounting updates to finance organization and external auditors, special projects as required.
- Take ownership of internal and external inquiries and provide fast and professional resolution.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment with great follow through on tasks.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of public accounting experience.
- Technical accounting experience in U.S. GAAP in relation to accounting for cryptocurrency, leases, equity-based compensation plans, business combinations, restructurings, goodwill, contingencies, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong communication/presentation skills, in particular written skills, to document complicated accounting standards.
- Fluent English. Other business functional languages are advantageous.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company