Sr Data Engineer (SQL/Snowflake)
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position – No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: BST, CST, EST)
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $125 – $140 USD / HR
ESTIMATED DURATION: 40Hrs/Week – Long Term, 6-month + project
Braintrust (usebraintrust.com) is a user-controlled talent network, where you keep 100% of what you earn and actually get to own the platform. We’ve been onboarding some big clients and specifically need a Senior Data Engineer ( Snowflake) for our client.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client was founded in 1985, they offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. They believe that personal connections are everything and their success is driven by the relationships they form with their colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
As a Sr. Data Engineer you will be responsible for deploying an extract, transformation, and load (ETL) framework working closely with data architects and engineers. You will be involved in data pipeline development leveraging a variety of methodologies and technologies. The goal is to modernize the current technology stack to integrate on-prem and cloud native technologies, balancing agility with security.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for designing and implementing a python based ETL framework integrating SQL Server and Snowflake database technologies.
- Deploy data pipelines, ensuring the best practice are implemented for data governance, data quality, data lineage and data cleansing.
- Provide support, maintenance and performance tuning of ETL applications
- Perform detailed analysis to troubleshoot and resolve identified issues and maintain data integrity
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in information technology, computer science or data science
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience
- Strong skills in python and knowledge of various frameworks including Pandas and other python ETL packages
- Experience in building cloud native data lakes and pipelines
- Experience with cloud services preferably Snowflake; experience with Informatica a plus
- Experience in Dev Sec Ops and automation using CI CD tools and process
- Proven history of learning and implementing new technology in fast moving environment
- Hands-on experience with data pipeline design and development.
- Experience with both SQL and relevant data modeling patterns
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.