Director, Strategy & Planning
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Director, Strategy and Planning will be the right-hand of the AVP, Medicare Product to directly support growing and scaling the business. This role will take ownership over a wide range of responsibilities from business planning to operations. The Director will be the lead architect in developing and refining new strategies to support and drive growth and expansion via new business opportunities while also having a hand in building out the core operational components of the Medicare business. Relationship building is a critical aspect of this position, and it is expected this individual will pursue, develop, and sustain strategic relationships inside and outside the organization. The Director will have exposure to the ins and outs of the Medicare organization and gain subject matter expertise in business verticals. As such, this position is ideal for an exceptional, high-performing individual who can grow with the organization.
The Director, Strategy and Planning job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items.
- Function as a strategic thought partner with senior management and market leadership regarding Bright Health’s expansion opportunities in new and existing markets.
- Lead formulation, preparation, and communication of strategic and operational business plans for the Medicare business
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build our core operations and plan performance metrics
- Partner with Operations to develop and monitor project plans that outline the scope and project requirements, acknowledges critical milestones, and identifies resources, systems, and individuals needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Advise and inform AVP, Medicare Product and Market leaders of business activities, performance, risks, opportunities, and recommended courses of action.
- Establish methodologies for new market identification, evaluation, prioritization, selection, and execution, using market data sources.
- Directly support all aspects of growth, including market strategy, product development, sales, and service
- Collaborate with Legal & Compliance teams and/or consultants to produce, plan, and budget for new products and geographies
- This position may have supervisory responsibility over functional direct reports.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience in progressive leadership roles
- Five (5) or more years experience in strategy or consulting
- Healthcare experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills a must.
- Experience working in highly matrixed and cross-functional environments
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, multi-task, complete projects in a timely fashion and meet deadlines
- Most work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Travel may be required.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.