Software Engineer 4, Ruby on Rails
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Our senior software engineers are responsible for building the API and data models powering our virtual care platform. They work closely with members of the Architecture, Product, Quality, and Integration teams during various phases of the development cycle. They also help the engineering team communicate about app functionality during team demos and as needed for the implementation and support teams. All of our software development teams work using the Scrum process with a two-week sprint cycle.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing API endpoints, services, and data models for multiple Rails applications. Work closely with architects and product owners as they create conceptual designs and technical specifications for client-side application work. Implement the functionality as designed, including automated tests.
- Participate in project technical design meetings as needed. Collaborate on feature implementation requirements with architects and product owners
- Collaborate with quality engineers to create and deliver test plans including automated and manual test plans to meet quality objectives.
- Perform code reviews of other engineers' code. Mentor other engineering colleagues in best practices for general software development, Rails development, and in new technologies.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field. Equivalent experience of 2 to 4 additional years in the industry is also acceptable.
- 4-6 years of experience working on MVC-based web applications, demonstrating increasing skill in tackling technical challenges. A desire (and proven ability) to pick up new frameworks and concepts.
- Experience working on and designing APIs for web applications
- Experience working with an RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and strong familiarity with relational database concepts.
- Strong understanding of, and willingness to mentor others in, software development practices and concepts such as Object-oriented programming, Web application technologies, Web application security, and testing best practices. Understanding of the analysis of programs such as space and time complexity.
- Have strong understanding of our core technologies and frameworks, including Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, and Capybara. Understand and teach key concepts such as Object-oriented programming, Web technologies, caching, optimization, and others.Capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and to non-engineering members of the team. Able to discuss application features & use cases with end users and customer contacts.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and work on a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility and character with high moral and ethical behavior
- Experience with any of the following appreciated but not required:
- Web security
- WebSockets for real-time messaging
- AI / ML concepts and using ML models in production applications
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.