Product Design Intern (Remote)
About the Role
Since 2002, Brivo has been leading the way globally for the access control and smart home industries. Whether for commercial real estate, multifamily residential, rental properties, or large enterprises, we are making security simpler for millions of people, every day.
Do terms like IoT, kiosks, NFC, and Bluetooth get you excited? Our products range from responsive web applications for administrators to native applications for Android and iOS. We’re growing fast and looking for forward-thinkers to join us as we shape the future of security and smart buildings.
This is a remote or hybrid, paid internship that runs 12 weeks from September to December. As a digital product design intern at Brivo, you’ll be connecting the dots across our platform, creating a simpler, unified experience. You’ll be part of all aspects of the design process from research, discovery, prototyping, to testing and engineering handoff. Our product designers work together, hand-in-hand with industry-leading Product and Engineering teams, and report to the Director of Product Design.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with other designers to create design solutions as part of design and product teams
- Present designs to stakeholders, the design team, and management
- Develop wireframes and prototypes
- Quickly and thoughtfully incorporate team feedback into designs
- Validate designs through testing
- Maintain, update, and improve the existing design component library
- Support the engineering team through launch
We expect you to:
- Have some experience designing native or responsive apps
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD program in Design or a similar field with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023
- Have a portfolio that shows off your product design skills
- Work 20-40 hours a week
- Understand the basic design workflow
- Be comfortable getting feedback
- Solve problems quickly, creatively, and collaboratively
- Understand the basics of design systems and accessibility
- Clearly communicate designs and recommendations
- Participate in user research and testing, and deciphering web analytics
- Feel comfortable using design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Be excited to learn something new!
- A bachelor’s degree or military experience
- Native mobile design (iOS and Android) and SAAS experience is strongly preferred
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- First-hand knowledge of access control, physical security, or smart home products