Mid-Level SQL Server DBA
Who We Are
BuildingLink simplifies and elevates modern working and living in residential communities with inspired solutions, pioneering technology, and dedicated service. We are a rapidly growing SaaS company, providing an incredibly robust, cross-platform suite of products, serving 5,000+ properties and a growing customer base of nearly two million residents across the globe. We pride ourselves on excellence and delivering meaningful products of the highest standards that translate to measurable impact on the properties we work with.
Aside from our countless benefits and perks, we believe in providing a safe, inclusive, and professional work environment that offers qualities we hold dear: autonomy, flexibility, career growth, promotion, and ongoing performance recognition. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want our people to bring their authentic selves to work. Most importantly, we put employee well-being and happiness above all else. If this sounds like the right place for you, please read on!
What We’re Looking For
As a Database Administrator, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the MS SQL Server database meets the needs of BuildingLink now and into the future. You will partner with the Lead DBA and guide the design and management of our data infrastructure and ecosystem, for both on-prem physical database servers, as well as the cloud instances. Our ideal candidate is an inquisitive, results-driven technologist who is passionate about building a forward-thinking and highly-scalable data infrastructure needed for the company to drive growth and business value.
- Collaborate with developers in creating scripts to manage the database schema and create new schema required by developers.
- Responsible for the creation of environment specific databases (e.g. development, staging etc).
- Partner with the Lead DBA & Development team to review and develop SQL queries that exhibit excellent performance, meet product requirements, and focus on scalability and maintainability.
- Support efforts to extract business logic from the database and move into application.
- Work to improve database performance specifically on queries, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining production databases.
- Identify long term initiatives and drive strategies for meeting these goals.
- Own, manage and update database schema and design documentation.
- Optimize and tune workloads and queries to improve system performance and reliability.
- Identify and resolve database inefficiencies.
- Oversee resource provisioning and work with our System Administration team to optimize deployments.
- Install, administer, and maintain our multiple SQL server databases.
- Establish automation and monitoring processes to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Respond to emergency database related alerts, perform scheduled maintenance, and support release deployment activities during periods of low traffic (this may or may not be outside of work hours).
- Develop and execute on a long term roadmap of initiatives to enhance and build upon the existing database.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Development teams to diversify risk by migrating SaaS microservices/applications to Azure.
- Remain aware of emerging cloud database technologies and apply them where appropriate.
- Work with Lead DBA, System Administrators and Developers to assess, develop and implement a disaster recovery plan including recovery points, recovery time objectives and business continuity plans.
- Comfortable managing stakeholder expectations and an ability to partner with the founder to drive initiatives.
- 7+ years of relevant Database Administration with MS SQL Server and other data-stores.
- Database Architecture experience with MS SQL Server is required.
- Skilled in T-SQL development and refactoring queries and stored procedures
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, and Entity Framework as it relates to the database.
- Read and understand Execution Plans
- Tune stored procedures and queries
- Write indexed views where appropriate
- Familiar with performance testing tools such as OStress, ReadTrace and able to extract SQL queries and parameters from trace
- Experience with SQL Server bottlenecks
- Production level experience with triaging performance issues
- Familiar with Always on and understands partitioning
- Hands-on experience with data migrations, Availability Groups, application modernization, and data warehousing
- Experience with automation (database version control, DevOps)
- Possess a healthy obsession for professional development and learning about new technologies.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and initiative.
- Highly resourceful with a willingness to experiment, think “outside-the-box”, and proactively tackle challenging projects.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with developers, QA, and project managers.
- Proven experience in working with and guiding developers and infrastructure engineers.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely.
- Candidate will need to work on Eastern Standard Time – fully remote.
BuildingLink is an industry leading property management technology used by over 5,000 high-rise residential communities globally. As an industry pioneer and leading innovator, our solutions, service, and people have made us one of the most recognized and respected technology providers among property managers and staff, condo/coop boards, and landlords. Our roadmap is packed with new and exciting initiatives to help buildings run even better. Resident lifestyle, voice assistant with our Amazon Alexa Skill; Ledger for simplified property management accounting, more platform integrations, and IoT sensor solutions to target and solve buildings’ operational headaches are just a few of the key initiatives we have in the pipeline. So, if you’re looking to work for a dynamic and successful company that cares deeply for both its customers and employees, please apply!
Check out our website to learn more! https://www.buildinglink.com
What BuildingLink Can Offer You
BuildingLink is a privately-owned and operated B2B SaaS company with the curiosity, energy, and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup
- Competitive Salary + Commissions Package
- Flexible PTO, Birthday Holiday, Summer Fridays, Work Anniversary Travel Bonus, Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits, Company sponsored HRA, Gym Reimbursement, Healthcare Concierge Service
- 401k with 4% matching
- Company Events, Holiday Parties, Friendly Office Competitions
- Professional Development Opportunities
BuildingLink is an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state or local law.
Check out our website to learn more! https://www.buildinglink.com