Business Development Account Manager – US Remote
Join a leader in Transit Fare Payments! Bytemark is seeking an Account Manager to join our dynamic Business Development Team helping us grow in the North American Public Transit and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) markets. This position will be based remotely in the US.
Bytemark is committed to hiring the best talent in the fintech industry, reflecting our values that prioritize inclusion and diversity. We want to be better than we were yesterday, and that is reflected in our hiring practices.
Bytemark provides an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We look for dedicated candidates who bring passion and integrity to the job. We encourage exploration and innovation among our employees. We believe our differences make us stronger and lead to better performance.
The Account Manager will play a key role with both Sales and Strategy. We are looking for candidates who excel in delivering excellent customer care and are passionate about helping our clients realize the full potential of their Bytemark solutions, translating this vision into results measured not only by clients willing to express their satisfaction to the marketplace but by increased revenue realized through system expansion.
You will be expected to keep abreast of direct and indirect competitors and help Bytemark maintain and promote its clear competitive advantage.
Reporting to the Head of Account Management, you will take the lead on all clients who operate on our multi-tenant National platform, called Passage: Transit Ticketing. You will represent Bytemark as we work to integrate these customers into our portfolio of products, upselling them with new features or transitioning them to the Bytemark Bridge platform of products. You will also lead the sales effort to bring new clients onto the Passage platform.
The ideal candidate must be able to learn quickly, demonstrating agility in both thought and actions. Although technical expertise is not necessary the ability to understand how our products function, and their features and benefits, will be vital to success in this role.
This role requires good relationship skills, as you will interact internally with all levels of sectors of the Bytemark organization including Project Management, Product Managers and Development teams, Finance, Solution Architects, and Business Development.
- Maintain, grow, and leverage relationships with key partners and clients including transit agencies, local and state Department of Transportation (DOTs) and other organizations involved in public transit and Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Identify Client Opportunities through networking, client relation activities, and upselling/enhancing current client solutions.
- Collaborate with the various Teams in development of Change Order and/or RFP responses
- Develop winning sales and opportunity closing strategies
- Represent Bytemark at events, conferences, presentations, etc. when requested
- Generate sales to meet company and individual KPI’s & metrics
- High-level knowledge of product offerings
- Operates as point of contact for assigned clients
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with accounts
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalation as needed
Skills & Requirements:
- 2-5 years of software sales and/or customer relationship management experience
- Quantifiable Sales History in Industry
- Understanding of Software Sales, with SaaS and or payments experience
- Demonstrated understanding of government procurement cycles
- Familiarity with mobile and web-based solutions or demonstrated ability to learn these concepts quickly
- Experience managing key customer relationships and closing strategic opportunities
- Successful experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing
- Demonstrate ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization including Executive and C-level
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities. Effective time management skills.
- Travel as needed (<20% of the time)
- Transportation, Transit-related or FIn Tech sales experience a plus
- Bonus Points: Industry Contacts, including Partners, Suppliers, Customers, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree, and or relevant experience
- Other duties as defined by the manager or current business demands
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation package based on experience
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision & Disability Coverages
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 15 PTO Days to Start, 9 Company Holidays