Director, Mid-Market Sales
To improve employee wellness by facilitating sales of Calm in a self served model and among SMB (small to mid sized) and midmarket employers up to 5,000 employees. The Mid-Market Sales Director will lead this segment and manage the team of mid market sales executives to exceed quarterly and annual sales goals as well as to motivate and guide the team to success. This person will be responsible for hiring and coaching mid-market sales professionals, constantly measuring against targets, working closely with the rest of sales leadership to optimize and refine our mid-market sales motion and strategy and help make mid-market sales a significant driver toward our ramp to a $100 million in annual recurring revenue from employer sales.
- Manage and lead team to exceed aggressive sales targets
- Contribute to overall sales leadership collaboratively as a compliment to all sales segments
- Inspire and provide strong leadership to team to ensure motivation among entire mid-market team through all aspects of the sales process
- Optimize sales motion for both self serve and mid-market direct employer sales to improve efficiency and win rates
- Manage and own self serve, SMB and mid-market sales flow
- Contribute to the Calm Enterprise (iOS, Android, web) product roadmap, specifically helping to productize a self serve model of flow for smaller groups and companies
- Respond to inbound interest regarding Calm and how we can help them improve wellness and improve productivity
- Maintain team to ensure active engagement with new and existing leads through creative follow-up communications designed to increase customer interest
- Ensure team tracks all customer details including use case, purchase time frames, next steps, and forecasting in Salesforce
- Collect market intelligence and competitive information
- Ensure team creates a phenomenal first impression to our prospects and customers by providing them with a best-in-class experience and pleasant encounter with customer service
- Collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams
- 5 plus years of mid-market sales experience
- 5 plus years of sales management experience
- Strong history of people management and proclivity toward collaborative team leadership
- Ability to work within a fast paced hypergrowth startup environment
- Customer Focused
- Drive for Results
- Startup and lean sales model experience
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Problem Solving
- Managing stake-holder buy / Directing others
- Business Acumen Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Proactive. Will follow up when things don’t get resolved
- Enthusiasm and passion for quality
- Dogged focus on client adoption and success
- Team player, has to be able to work with lots of people and be patient
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.