Japanese Dialogue and Sound Editor (contract)
To ensure that Calm’s brand, voice, and values are reflected in our translated and recorded content and create the highest quality, authentic product for the target market.
- Edit dialog audio removing breaths, reverb, sibilance, mouth clicks, ambient sounds, anomalies, etc. and assembling final edit
- Native Japanese speaker
- Mix and finalize Sleep Story and meditation content to Calm’s aesthetic and specification
- Coordinate with the Calm Localization team to meet Japanese Launch deadlines and subsequent ongoing content production deadlines and workflows
- Continually work to help streamline and strengthen Calm’s Audio Production processes and workflows
- A motivated dialog editor/sound editor with an advanced understanding of audio post-production, to include exceptional editing and organizational skills
- Experienced, with 5+ years in dialog audio recording, editing, sound and music editing and post-production processes
- Advanced skill level with recording/editing tools such as Protools, Logic Pro, iZotope RX and other tools of the trade
- Impressive attention to detail when it comes to audio quality
- A self-starter who is internally motivated and thrives in a fast-paced production environment
- Proven track record of creating high-quality content, with the ability to work quickly while not sacrificing attention to detail
- Creative and collaborative problem solver
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.