Quality Assurance Manager, Clinical Operations
Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
Calm is the world’s #1 brand for mental fitness and our B2B team is furthering our mission to make the world happier and healthier by bringing our offering into the employee benefits space. Calm for Business is helping companies build a more resilient organization by promoting better sleep, reducing stress and anxiety, and developing consistent mindfulness practices. We offer accessible and effective content to meet the needs of any diverse workforce. With our proven launch strategy and marketing resources, plus ongoing engagement programs and account support, we take the stress out of employee benefits.
What You’ll Do:
Calm is seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Manager to develop and implement a robust and scalable quality assurance program for Calm’s Mental Health focused coaches and therapists. The Quality Assurance Manager will create and lead Calm’s quality assurance program. They will ensure that Calm always strives for a culture of continuous quality improvement. The role reports to the Director of Clinical Organizational Development and will involve:
- Working cross collaboratively with Compliance leaders, Product team, and all of the clinical organization to identify and implement quality assurance needs.
- Creating and maintaining a clinical document control system, ensuring that all clinical policies and procedures are housed up to the standard of external licensure boards, boards of health, and generally accepted healthcare compliance standards.
- Creating quality improvement reports based on Calm’s needs (e.g., at monthly compliance meetings).
- Creating and maintaining a systematic process to discover quality assurance issues and works cross-functionally to resolve these issues.
- Under the guidance of the Chief Clinical Officer and the Director of Clinical Organizational Development, develop the procedures to assess Calm’s coaches and therapists adherence to best in class clinical standards, staying within one’s scope of practice, and adhering to Calm’s clinical program structure.
- Working to ensure best-in-class outcomes are achieved, provider satisfaction, confidentiality, risk mitigation, and adherence to protocols.
- Creating a system to discover quality gaps in onboarding and treatment and works cross-functionally to resolve those gaps.
- Utilizing a deep level of quality assurance industry knowledge to purchase, work with, and integrate the quality assurance tools most often utilized by organizations well known for continuous quality improvement.
Who You Are:
- A minimum of five years experience in a healthcare quality assurance position.
- Deep experience working with a large network of providers, especially telehealth providers.
- Strong preference of mental health quality assurance experience.
- Deep experience with quality assurance platforms and tools preferred, as is deep experience with telehealth technology and the tools used to deliver telehealth services such as video therapy, mobile apps, Google Drive, DocuSign, learning management systems, document control systems, etc.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.