Data Scientist | Data Analyst (Remote)
Position: Data Analyst (Remote)
Client Requirements: applicants MUST BE US Citizens and be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
Capital Technology Group is dedicated to providing outstanding information technology consulting services for commercial and government clients. Our team shares a passion for excellence and brings together a diverse range of skills to ensure the success of our clients. Our deep, hands-on technical expertise coupled with leadership and management abilities have enabled us to consistently deliver well-executed technology initiatives in scope and on schedule.
In this role, you’ll lead data analysis efforts. We are looking for someone who can apply knowledge of data visualization principles and best practices to assist with the design and implementation of robust business intelligence (BI) and data visualization strategies, then subsequently build and maintain Tableau-based BI tools and interactive dashboards to support client goals and promote data-driven business decisions. You will have the skills and vision to identify current data gaps and leverage Tableau and other available analytic tools and programming languages to mine available data and deliver analytic findings.
- Ability to communicate information to senior leadership and key stakeholders for decision-making purposes
- Ability to synthesize and communicate organizational performance clearly based on information from disparate sources through oral and written formats
- Experience with using Tableau to aggregate and analyze data collected from various sources
- Ability to presenting data in ways that are easy to understand. Either using COTS products like Tableau or creating them with programming languages.
- Ability to import data prior to a team-focused analysis. Specifically, experience in setting up data pipelines, performing data modeling (in the sense of designing databases), and data prep like cleaning or profiling data is a must.
- Business Intelligence – We need folks to really spend time with our business and the systems to map out how data flows between partners and through our applications.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field or 5 years of experience in Data Science
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Experience with Databricks is a plus
- Business analysis experience
- Ph.D. plus several years of experience preferred
- Programming background with masters or clear training in data science plus experience
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) with matching employer contribution
- Liberal PTO vacation policy
- Generous training allowance
- Bonus incentive programs – employee referrals and performance-based rewards
Capital Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.