VP, Sales Development
Strategically identify gaps. Drive growth. Lead the Business Development team.
Our VP of Sales Development will be responsible for leading and strategically driving growth for our 55+ person Sales Development team.
The role you’ll play:
CB Insights is attacking a very large market. This role is responsible for leading our efforts to engage future clients directly and proactively about how we can help solve their problems. As a VP, you must be able to collaborate and operate in a fast-paced, high-energy, and constantly changing environment while staying laser focused and hands-on with your team.
About the team:
Our sales development representative team is high performing with a strong track record of exceeding quota. We have a robust training program, and strive to promote all SDRs that are exceeding expectations. We are a competitive, collaborative and hardworking team. Our team knows how to win and has a lot of fun doing it!
Your main tasks:
- Manage a team of 7 SDR managers and do all the things managers do – coaching, training, planning, reporting, etc
- Develop new, innovative sales initiatives to put our brand and products in front of future clients
- Work cross functionally to create an enviable demand generation engine
- Own, drive, and accurately forecast activity and pipeline while strategically making adjustments
- Identify reporting gaps/needs and use data to target new opportunities in the sales funnel and ensure we have adequate resources/headcount
- Develop best-in-class consistent, convincing communication strategies and prospecting techniques
- Recruit, retain and grow sales development representatives
- Represent the Sales Development organization on the sales leadership team
What you bring to the table:
- 8+ Years in Software Sales, preference for experience working with large, enterprise deals
- Experience working with and mentoring SDRs
- Experience across both inbound and outbound channels
- 8+ years people leadership experience, experience managing managers
- Expertise with CRMs, CRM reporting, and sales automation tools (Salesforce, Salesloft Cadence, TryProspect, Outreach)
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and make independent decisions
You’ll be successful here if you:
- Lead a large team of SDRs and SDR Managers
- Have aligned business process and results with account executive and sales leadership teams
- Been the point of contact with marketing for all campaign coordination activities
- Collaborated with RevOps to ensure business process & systems are optimal
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.