Video Recording Technician / Quality Assurance (ESP / EN)
Chessable aims to make learning chess content as easy and efficient as possible. We digest the science so that our users don’t have to, and allow for an optimal learning experience.
Chessable is part of the Play Magnus AS group, the company was founded by World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen and is revolutionising how people learn, watch and play chess.
Are you searching for your dream job? Do you have a passion for chess and lifelong learning?
We are seeking a seasoned Video Recording Technician with an eye for details to join our team. The main duties are centered around remotely assisting our authors to record videos that meet our quality requirements. You will be in close contact with our authors/presenters and run continuous quality control of the videos that they produce.
- 3 years of professional experience working with video/photo and audio
- Strong skills solving exposure issues
- Strong skills solving audio issues
- Strong skills in OBS Studio, preferably with an ability to analyze log files from OBS Studio and determine how to solve bespoke recording issues
- Enjoy working in a team environment (there’s no “I” in “Team”)
- A problem solving and growth mindset
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (text and speech)
- Communicating our video recording guidelines to presenters
- Assisting presenters in procuring and configuring necessary upgrades to their hardware and software
- Analyzing test-recordings against our video and audio requirements
- Continuously monitoring the video material that our presenters are delivering to ensure that it meet our requirements for the full duration of the course creation process
- Experience with Asana
- 1400+ online chess rating
- Good communication skills
- Good prioritization skills to arrange tasks in the most efficient manner
- Proven track record of completing projects on a deadline
- Previous experience in video editing and audio editing tools and techniques (Adobe suite, OBS Studio, video-/audio recording techniques)
- Flexible working hours
- 40 days of holiday (including all statutory and other public holidays in your place of residence)
- Birthday off
- Work from home or office
Chessable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to support and create a diverse work environment. We are hiring without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation or identity, family or marital status, religion or disability status. The interview processes are conducted fairly based on your experience and skills. We look for and value the most talented people. Everyone is welcome!