Risk Analyst- Payments (Remote)
Cloudbeds is a travel and hospitality SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcome place. We create advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, and hotel groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are spread across over 40 countries, and, altogether, we speak 30+ languages. So, how do we do it? We are a #remotefirst company since our founding, and we allow every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to reinvent the world of hospitality tech and travel and love to travel as much as we do.
The Cloudbed Payments team creates and supports the Integrated payments functionality for our SaaS Property Management platform. As a Risk Analyst – Payments, you will track key metrics across processing platforms such as merchant transaction activity and chargebacks. You will support the execution of Cloudbeds Payments’ risk management policies and procedures. You will be a key player on our team, driving the organization, planning execution and risk mitigation related to the global Cloudbeds Payment Risk Team.
Location: US (Remote)
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of risk and underwriting within the company’s merchant portfolio.
- Review prospective merchant applications to ensure they pass KYC and meet Cloudbeds Payments requirements as well as determine the overall risk of the business.
- Take a strategic approach at how Cloudbeds’ Payments identifies and mitigates risk.
- Daily monitoring of merchant account activity.
- Daily review and processing of chargebacks and retrievals.
- Undertake fraud reviews; investigate unusual patterns using various information, such as processing activity, third party information, and credit bureau reports.
- Participate in projects in respect to new systems, enhancements, and scaling the Cloudbeds’ Payments platform.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management related field required.
- 3+ years of experience in payments, risk management, compliance.
- Underwriting experience in Merchant Services.
- Experience with KYC and AML requirements relevant to merchant processing required.
- Proficient with performing background research and due diligence on prospective merchants.
- A clear understanding of Card Brand rules and regulations.
- Self-starter who is not afraid to take initiative and has a high level of self-sufficiency.
- Must communicate clearly and effectively through both written and verbal skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills that will show how you shine with making clear and logical recommendations.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2020)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)
Cloudbeds is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates the diversity in our global team! We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cloudbeds is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Cloudbeds will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process or to perform essential job functions please contact our HR team by phone at ** Redacted ** or via email at ** Redacted **.