User Experience Writer & Content Strategist (Remote)
Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We build advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are globally distributed across over 40 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
We are hiring a UX Writer and Content Strategist. More than words, the ideal candidate understands the science behind storytelling, the power of great information hierarchy, clear terminology, and can help users navigate their way to the desired outcome. Candidates must also be able to support our marketing team in the codification of our voice, tone, and personality through multiple channels.
Location: US Central, East Coast
What You Will Do:
- Lead with a well-informed point-of-view on content strategy and UX writing as a key component to creating a best-in-class hospitality tech product
- Partner with User Researchers to discover what our customers and their guests need when it comes to context and instruction, and write for our platform in a way that allows users to effortlessly complete tasks
- Create content strategy deliverables including (but not limited to) content models, content audits, content maps, and taxonomies
- Develop content frameworks and stories that show outcomes and educate partners on the practice of UX writing
- Influence and contribute to the development of the Cloudbeds voice, tone, and personality.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to obtain an in-depth understanding of content and documentation requirements
- Engage with the User Experience team – interaction designer and user researchers – to fuse content strategy into design deliverables large and small
- Be comfortable and confident working alongside company leadership, UX designers, product managers, marketing, and engineering partners.
You’ll Succeed With:
- Minimum 3 years experience writing, editing, testing, and optimizing copy and content as a UX Writer, Content Strategist, or similar role
- Deep understanding of user experience process and how content strategy, design, research, and engineering come together to make experiences more intuitive and frictionless
- Omni-channel digital writing experience, including but not limited to native mobile, responsive web, and email
- Experience writing learning content such as customer-facing knowledge base articles and/or technical documentation
- Portfolio examples that demonstrate your craft as a UX Writer, Content Strategist, how you solved problems and contributed to desired outcomes
- Relevant industry experience working within Agile SaaS product teams
- Listens well, has an excellent command of the English language. Strong speaking and writing skills and can articulate decisions and process effectively
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities while managing tactical deliverables and meeting deadlines
- Desire to learn and grow skillset
- Ability to facilitate and apply Design Thinking techniques to solve customer and business-related problems a plus
- Bilingual or multilingual (particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese) a plus
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open Paid Time Away policy and gives all team members the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to thrive in your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Fastest Growing Companies | Inc. 500 (2018 & 2019)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch | Forbes (2018)
- Best Startup Employers | Forbes (2020)
- Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte (2020)
- Top 100 North America | Red Herring (2020)