Product Data Analyst
OUR CUSTOMERS DEVELOP SOFTWARE AT THE SPEED OF IDEAS
Over 3,500 of the world’s best known brands and over 50% of the Fortune 500, invest in CloudBees because of its ability to work across any cloud, in any development environment and to balance corporate governance and control with developer flexibility and freedom.
Our team is endlessly curious about how our users interact with our products, and we’re looking to build out our analytics capabilities with a like-minded Product Data Analyst. As an early member of the growing Product Insights team, you will work closely with PMs, user researchers, and data analysts in other departments to foster a data-driven culture within CloudBees.
We’re looking for someone who has strong quantitative data analysis skills and data engineering experience. As part of a new team within the company, you will both lead our quantitative product data analysis and further build out our product analytics tool stack. You will enable PMs and designers with behavioral data to guide product decisions and help them learn to access key data points on their own.
We know great products come from great teams, so we are looking for a team player— someone willing to field questions from curious designers and product owners and also consistent in sharing uncovered opportunities to help us all succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Refine and lead CloudBees’ product analytics practice across our SaaS and on-premise offerings
- Work closely with Product Insights team members to develop and execute goal-driven research plans leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data
- Analyze data to extract impactful insights that will help drive product decisions, and present these insights to cross-functional stakeholders
- Design, run, and analyze A/B tests and other experiments
- Create dashboards to streamline access to product usage data and metrics
- Educate team members on constructing and running experiments, quantitative research methods, and statistical validity
- Test new data tools (ex. customer feedback solutions) to understand how they would, or would not, integrate with our existing data ecosystem
- Partner with our internal data team to correlate product and customer facing analytics with business impact
- Collaborate with all functions in the company as you, and the team, own and define the outcome of data insights
WHAT THE ROLE REQUIRES
- 5+ years experience in analytics, with at least 2 of these years in product analytics
- Experience on a small (1-3 people), start-up data team is a plus
- Data engineering experience, including development experience instrumenting code and ensuring data quality
- Experience drawing strategic insights from quantitative data and communicating them to audiences with varying levels of data experience
- Python or R
- Experience with Sisense for Cloud Data Teams, Tableau, Looker, or a similar data visualization tool
- Bonus: Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD practices, Segment
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Globally distributed team with vast opportunities for intercultural learning
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Opportunity to shape the mission and work of a new team within an established product organization
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide workforce and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their business.