Associate Technical Project Manager – Pentest Operations
Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Cobalt’s Pentest Operations team is transforming with a focus on quality and customer success. We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized Technical Project Manager to help the Cobalt.io Pentest Operations team continue to scale and deliver high quality, timely penetration tests to our customers. Ideal candidates have experience working with professional penetration testers and aren’t afraid to discuss technical topics and ideas with some of the world's most talented security pentesters. You possess an impeccable attention to detail – with both the technical acuity to understand customer and team needs as well as a deep desire to go above and beyond; in all you do.
What You Would Do
- Help be the gatekeeper of quality for all deliverables. From technical accuracy to ensuring clear risk articulation and practical remediation guidance.
- Push the boundaries of the traditional pentest delivery lifecycle by continuously improving our process and platform.
- Monitoring the delivery of active penetration tests from kickoff to report delivery and retest – ensuring customer and pentester needs are being met.
- Escalate or immediately remove obstacles that arise during testing – ensuring swift resolution and smooth restoration of testing activity and customer satisfaction.
- Assemble and schedule the strongest teams from the Cobalt Community to deliver pentesting as a service engagements
- Support other Technical Project Managers with project lifecycle tasks such as staffing, tester activity monitoring and report finalization.
- Maintain a healthy feedback loop with Core Community managers to help grow and up-level our pentesters
- Partnering with Customer Success Managers to improve the client lifecycle experience
You Must Have
- 1+ years of relevant experience managing technical projects
- Customer first mentality, we succeed when they succeed
- Consulting mindset / operates with a sense of urgency
- Team player, effective communicator, and dependable
- Professional demeanor over impersonal communication mediums (slack, email, etc.)
- Unparalleled attention to detail
- PMI certifications are a plus, but not required
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits (US only)