Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Who We Are
Cobalt.io is a fast-growing and globally distributed remote-first cybersecurity start-up with employees in the US and Germany. We connect global security talent with businesses by providing Pentesting as a Service via the Cobalt technology platform. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
Today, Cobalt helps secure hundreds of leading B2B companies (GoDaddy, HubSpot) by connecting them with on-demand pentesting experts. The application brings both sides together to identify, triage and fix vulnerabilities. Seven years and 20K commits later, our technology has been battle tested by thousands of users.
What’s next? Cobalt is building a QA team to help solidify our status as a world-class security platform. As a Senior QA Engineer, you’ll build upon Cobalt’s existing testing infrastructure, create and implement test automation plans, amplify our code coverage, troubleshoot and modify automated test scripts, and complete manual QA testing as needed. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers and engineers to understand the system as a whole and the purpose of the tests, educate on testing best practices, and train engineers with examples and guidelines as they keep new feature development up to our code quality standards. You’ll also collaborate with our Staff QA Engineer on the overall vision of quality automation and our SLDC, while creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases. For more info on Engineering at Cobalt, check out our Spotlight on Engineering blog.
We are a rapidly growing SaaS company, full of can-do people who care about craft, collaboration, and our customers. It's an exciting time to join. If you enjoy making an impact, the Cobalt Engineering team is excited to hear from you.
You Identify As
- Self-Starter: As a senior member of the team, you’ll feel at home as a hands-on, self-directed engineer who drives initiatives within the team and across all of engineering
- Team-Player: You collaborate with engineers and the Product team (PMs, Designers) daily to understand and remediate any gaps in quality analysis, ensuring successful deployments of features that meet product specifications
- Technical-Interface: You’ll help others understand technical complexities of things like running tests suites in parallel, managing mocked data, outlining coverage achieved by manual vs. automated testing, etc.
- Mentoring: You are passionate about sharing your knowledge and want to mentor and support others in their growth, and empower engineers to reduce false-failures
You Must Have
- 5+ years experience in software testing and quality assurance, both automated and manual testing of web applications and APIs
- Hands-on experience with frontend and backend testing frameworks; Cypress, Jest/Enzyme or React Testing Library, rspec
- A commitment to engineering excellence: detail oriented, analytical, critical thinking applied to a variety of problems
- Ability to communicate and project manage effectively in an asynchronous environment
- High comfort level with a remote-first, global company
- Familiarity with OpenAPI, Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Exposure to cloud architectures – we’re on GCP
- Deep understanding of the SDLC tooling ecosystem (+ security tools, even better)
Nice to Have
- Experience in a fast-growing SaaS company
- Experience with automation / low-code / orchestration frameworks + SDKs
- Experience with Infrastructure, K8s, GCP
- Experience in the cybersecurity industry / knowledge of best practices
Why You Should Join Us
- Opportunity to join and grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of Pentesting!
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Competitive compensation and attractive equity plan
- Flexible paid time off, remote working from anywhere in the US/Germany and travel policies
- Paid remote lunches
- Paid parental leave
- Stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future (US only)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits (US only)