Manager, Financial Reporting
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Responsible for the preparation of the Company’s quarterly 10Q and annual 10K, including the drafting and review of the MD&A disclosures and qualitative performance discussions.
- Oversee the accuracy, completeness and adherence to the applicable reporting and disclosure requirements of Coinbase's information in the 10Q and 10K filings.
- Assist in leading and facilitating the quarterly review meetings of the 10Q and 10K with the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer and other senior management across the Finance organization.
- Perform financial analytics including variance analysis around the information disclosed in the external reports/disclosures.
- Review the XBRL tagging of the 10Q & 10K disclosures.
- Liaise with the various functions within the Company such as Accounting Policy, Legal, Investor Relations, FP&A, etc. on the timely filing/issuance of the external reports/disclosures including the quarterly Earnings Press Release.
- Responsible for the preparation of the statutory quarterly and annual financial statements under U.S. GAAP and international accounting standards for the Company’s legal entities.
- Responsible for coordinating the approval of the quarterly and annual financial reports with all relevant parties, including the Audit Committee, external auditors, directors and internal and external Legal counsel.
- Coordinate audit support & review of filings with the external auditors.
- Collaborate with Accounting Policy, Legal, Controllers, Investor Relations & FP&A with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
- Prepare financial information for the quarterly Audit Committee and Board meetings.
- Prepare and maintain the financial reporting calendar to inform stakeholders of the necessary reporting milestones and deadlines.
- Collaborate with Accounting Policy on new accounting standards issued by the FASB to determine the impact to the Company’s financial statements and implement new accounting standards, as required; lead with change management.
- Perform peer benchmarking and comparability to optimize and enhance Coinbase's external reports/disclosures where the opportunity arises.
- Support management by leading and completing projects impacting financial reporting.
- Subject matter expert on financial reporting and attend to ad-hoc questions and initiatives.
- Identify, recommend and ensure the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes.
- Draft and maintain the documentation of the standard operating procedures around key processes and ensure compliance with key controls.
- Play a key role in the Company's SOX Compliance effort.
- Work with Accounting and Reporting control owners to maintain Company’s control framework, process narratives, and flowcharts.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC financial reporting standards
- CPA or similar designation required
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant industry experience with current or recent public company SEC financial reporting experience
- Combination of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of FASB and US GAAP rules and regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills
- Meticulous and impeccable keen attention to detail
- High level of enthusiasm and curiosity to grow your career in a multifaceted and growing company
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
- Internal control experience preferable.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.