Senior Accountant, Intercompany (Global Expansion)
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our Accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Intercompany (Global Expansion) Accountant must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to communicate and work with various teams outside of Finance (such as Treasury, Data, Payments Operations and other Engineering groups), and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Global GL Operations Accounting, the Senior Intercompany Accountant will be responsible for assisting in all areas related to intercompany accounting. This position will directly own monthly platform intercompany entries, intercompany allocations and settlements, implement control and process improvements and assist in researching and resolving complex accounting issues as they arise. This position will have the opportunity to collaborate with various teams across the organization on global expansion initiatives.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Own and maintain all aspects of the Company’s operational accounting related to intercompany transactions, recording daily journals and creating valid supporting schedules.
- Record intercompany transactions and cash settlement and reconcile intercompany balances for international and domestic subsidiaries.
- Prepare foreign exchange gain/loss and translation adjustment analyses.
- Collaborate with the Tax team on preparation of tax structuring and transfer pricing calculations and related journal entries.
- Management and settlement of intercompany loans and outstanding balances, including coordination with Legal and Treasury on documentation, terms and appropriate interest rates.
- Partner with Finance Data to investigate and resolve platform related intercompany data issues.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on global expansion initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures over intercompany accounting activities and assist in the design and implementation of new controls and processes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Analyze data against business drivers to identify trends / issues.
- Provide support for internal and external audits related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation and procedures as assigned.
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses and other special projects as assigned.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- CPA required.
- 6+ years of experience, including 2+ years of consolidations process, Multi-currency and intercompany accounting experience.
- A mix of publicly-listed or high-growth start-up company and public accounting is highly desired.
- Experience working in a SOX control environment.
- Possess excellent analytical skills (MS Excel), business partnering, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Proven ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- Experience working in Netsuite, FloQast and G-Suite.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.