Sr. Associate, Business Development
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Business Development Team is responsible for creating and managing relationships with strategic partners that support Coinbase’s business objectives. We’re looking for an Sr. Associate, Business Development who will work closely with our business and product leaders to identify and execute on growth partnership opportunities. This will involve deal scoping and negotiation, building relationships with internal and external partners, and setting key metrics and achieving them. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, results-oriented partnerships professional, who thrives leading cross functional initiatives.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Help develop and execute the partnership strategy and tactics that will support Coinbase’s growth
- Work independently to lead cross-functional partnership initiatives, working with product, finance, comms, compliance, legal and marketing
- Own all elements of the partnership life cycle: scoping of opportunities, identifying potential partners, framing of value, negotiating agreements, and implementation and optimization
- Maintain healthy and productive relationships with partners, resolving business, policy and technical issues.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of experience of Growth or Business Development in high growth consumer facing tech firms
- Experience working with Product teams
- You enjoy and excel at working cross functionally to deliver results through partnerships
- You have shown the ability to build and manage relationships with product and business leaders, internally and externally
- You have great strategic instincts and can exercise good judgment in ambiguous situations
- You’ve been successful in negotiating a broad set of different types of deals
- You have great interpersonal and communications skills
- You’re intellectually curious and think in a structured way
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.